USA Travel Crossword Puzzle Clue! Help from USA Members?

Soldato
Hello,
As part of my membership of a u3a I look after an "Armchair Travel Group". We talk about past / future holidays etc.
Our first meeting of the year is our planning meeting for the year and after this been settled we have a quiz or similar. This year I thought we would solve crossword puzzles in teams.

I found some crossword puzzles on a web site and printed some copies out BUT then I found I couldn't solve one clue - I think because it is in "USA lingo"!

The clue is "A way of travelling on bus, airplane, ship, ferry, bike".

it is 16 letters long and we have some letters:
-e--s------s---t
We think the last part may be "transport" - so it would be two words "-e--s-- transport."

Any suggestions please!!!!! It's very annoying.
Mel

meansoftransport: JavaScript debugger to the rescue :o

I take my hat off! - you must have done a web search to find the actual puzzle! Then used Java-pokery to find the answer. It is such a non-obvious but obvious answer. I was looking for something with some "americanese".

Thanks - I can astound my quizzers (unless they all get the answer on their own!).
:cry:
Mel

PS - if I have a "technical" problem of any sort I always say to my better half - don't worry I'll put a question on OCUK forums.

You fellow OCUK forum members have not let me down yet! Mel

I take my hat off! - you must have done a web search to find the actual puzzle! Then used Java-pokery to find the answer. It is such a non-obvious but obvious answer. I was looking for something with some "americanese".

Thanks - I can astound my quizzers (unless they all get the answer on their own!).
:cry:
Mel

Yeah I Googled the clue initially as I hoped I'd find the answer listed somewhere but nothing came back so had to go for plan b when I found a site with the quiz on. Work smarter not harder and all :D

Don't think I'd have got it either, but then I'm rubbish at crosswords.

(although one clarification: JavaScript is entirely different to Java but annoyingly have very similar names)

In fairness to you Mel, most crosswords I've done have each entry as a word, rather than a sentence. They should just call it a bleedin' CrossSentence

Back
Top Bottom