USB Drivers

Associate
Hi,
I have a A7N8X-E vr 2.0 Mother Board and the USB sockets on the mother board are VIA ones. So therefore i wish to up date the drivers for the USB sockets. The VIA web site is www.viaarena.com

Now my problem is which driver on the down load page is the correct one.
Any body got any advice please ?
I am running XP Pro SP2

many thanks

Associate
Don't need USB 2.0 drivers if running XP with SP1 or SP2. They're only needed if running something older which only supports 1.1, such as XP with no service pack, windows 2000, etc.

Associate
OP
hohum said:
Don't need USB 2.0 drivers if running XP with SP1 or SP2. They're only needed if running something older which only supports 1.1, such as XP with no service pack, windows 2000, etc.

Hi,
what is 'VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller' ! ?
i ran one of those online Driver check web sites and it mentions i need a new driver.
Plus the Belkin support line informed me that i have to have VIA USB drivers to use their USB Dongal properly ! :(

Need some advice please on this issue

Man of Honour
Where did you get VIA from?????

I might be wrong here but that mobo uses the NVIDIA Nforce 2 chipset and the USB drivers are included in the unified drivers and not VIA...?

As I said, I might be wrong though.

Why do you need to update these drivers? As said above, SP2 should support USB2.0 and below.

Associate
OP
Admiral Huddy said:
Where did you get VIA from?????

I might be wrong here but that mobo uses the NVIDIA Nforce 2 chipset and the USB drivers are included in the unified drivers and not VIA...?

As I said, I might be wrong though.

Why do you need to update these drivers? As said above, SP2 should support USB2.0 and below.

I chatted to Belkin about my Blue tooth Dongal. Belkin informed me that 1 reason why the BlueTooth my not work properly is that the board drivers are out of date when using dongals ! !
So i checked in device manager under USB, and thats where i got the VIA from.

Back
Top Bottom