USB Issues & Questions.

Associate
Hello Guys, Hope you're enjoying your evenings.

Let me provide a little history to the situation...

I built a Sandybridge system back in early summer with the following components;-

- ASUS P8P67 PRO (Rev 3.1)
- 8GB GSkill Memory
- i7 2600k

The build went 100% great and everything installed and worked flawlessly, so much so I overclocked the CPU to get a little extra from the beast.

So, I get home tonight & boot up my machine as normal. Windows loads but none of my USB devices are working with the exception of my keyboard. I swap into safe mode and see that several USB ports are driverless in the device manager.

I attempt normal USB port troubleshooting and it seems none of them are working as intended and it reminds me I have had a recurring issue for a while where my USB devices would just cut out for no apparent reason for 10 or so seconds which is really annoying when you're on Wireless WLAN!

I've decided just to reinstall my OS (Win 7 64Bit) and its currently running through beside me.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with similar components? I have scoured ASUS' forums and found nothing of that nature. I'm going to remove my sound card and relocate the USB headers on the board as well as updating the BIOS to the BETA 1850 Version before the reinstall.

I will also be removing the overclock on my processor in the hope that my issues will be resolved.

Any suggestions? Or have I covered the most obvious answers? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom