USB Keyboard won't work in BIOS

Associate
I got a Saitek Eclipse keyboard a while back and I love it. There's one thing that's bugging me though - I can't use it to get into my BIOS. It doesn't seem to recognise anything until Windows starts up.

Is there anything I can to let me use it in the BIOS? I've had a quick look at some of my settings but I can't find anything. I have an old PS/2 keyboard I could use if I have to, but it's pretty annoying to have to plug it in anytime I want to change any BIOS settings or restart in safe mode.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
I had a problem where i couldn't use my keyboard in the RAID options for my mobo or during the installation of windows.

I had to enable an option along the lines of 'USB Legacy Keyboard Support' in the BIOS. Try look for options that include the words 'USB Legacy' and see if that makes a difference.

Soldato
I have the EXACT same problem. It's not a question of enabling USB support as aforementioned, do you have a USB hub by any chance? I found if you turn your PC off for a few minutes and then turn it back on, FOR some reason it will boot up before the BIOS. It's not full-proof but it seems to work for me. I think it's a problem with the mouse itself, but again i'm not sure. Suffice to say, i have my PC on 24/7 now so it's not been buggin' me as of late.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies. I've scoured the BIOS for anything related to USB and enabled them all (including Enable USB Legacy Device Support), but I still can't get the keyboard to work. I guess I'll just have to keep my crappy old keyboard for the moment :(

Back
Top Bottom