USB Mouse/Keyboard Ports Fail

Soldato
So this is a really wierd problem and i cant seem to fix it. it happens at any time for no particular reason. sometimes its 5 mins after turning on pc sometimes hours . what happens is the ports which my usb mouse and keyboard are in seem to fail. Mouse and keyboard turns off and the only way i can regain control is to plug them into the two other usb ports on the back but this means taking out my dsl modem and printer. if i then try to plug anything into these two usb ports, nothing happens as if it didnt exist. i have tried plugging my keyboard and mouse into different ports but the the same thing happens but only to the ports in which the mouse and keyboard are plugged into. ive checked all power saving settings etc in device manager and they all seem to be set up properly.
Can anyone else help me out ? because its really annoying when say playing bf2 and it just cuts out.
this is my mobo : http://www.msicomputer.co.uk/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1123&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170

Soldato
Try plugging them into 2 different ports, i.e. Have your mouse in one port and make sure the k/b is plugged into a different set of ports. USB are attatched in pairs, perhaps you are overloading one pair.

Commissario
If you've got a DSL modem running off the USB ports, and it's getting it's power from them, that would be my first guess as to the cause of the problem (although I may be biased after the diabolical Alcatel frog splat modem that BT used to inflict on it's customers).

Back
Top Bottom