USB Problem

Associate
Whenever I play games and also use the mic over vent with my Medusa 5.1 Headset (usb), it seems impossible to have sound coming through the headset and the speakers at the same time.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Associate
OP
Dutch Guy said:
Maybe it is a limitation of Windows?
That's what I figured it would be, but hoped it wasn't. It also likes to crash my games if I decide to switch off the headset whilst playing a game. Stupid windows/usb malarky.

Soldato
Because the USB headset has its own sound drivers. Basically you're switching from soundcard to USB audio. Then when you unplug the USB headset it switchs back to the soundcard as your default audio device

Associate
OP
no_1_dave said:
Because the USB headset has its own sound drivers. Basically you're switching from soundcard to USB audio. Then when you unplug the USB headset it switchs back to the soundcard as your default audio device

Ack, any way to get these to work in conjunction? It's a real pain :(

Soldato
Do you want the music of the game to come through both the speakers and the headset at the sametime? As this isn't possible as far as i know. But if you want the sound from the game through your speakers and the voice to come through your headset then that is possible. To get this do the following:

GO to your control panel > Sounds & Audio Devices. Then on the Audio tab you want to make sound playback and sound recording your sound card drivers. Then go to the Voice tab and make sure your voice playback and voice recording are set to your medusa sound drivers. That should do it as this works for my Plantronics headset with no problems.

Associate
OP
AFK_Matrix said:
GO to your control panel > Sounds & Audio Devices. Then on the Audio tab you want to make sound playback and sound recording your sound card drivers. Then go to the Voice tab and make sure your voice playback and voice recording are set to your medusa sound drivers. That should do it as this works for my Plantronics headset with no problems.

Awesome, that will definitely do for now! :D

Back
Top Bottom