Use Harman kardon 2.1 with TV?

Soldato
Hi there, I'm not even sure if this is worth doing.

I have a set of Harman Kardon soundstick 3 pc speakers. I don't actually use them currently as I mainly use a headset for gaming in the evening.

I was wondering if I could maybe connect these up to my Samsung KS7000 tv to get better sound? I don't have them to hand but it's just a 3.5mm Jack that plugs in to the pc usually, how would I connect these to the TV? Is it even worth it?

They are good speakers, and I just assumed they would trump whats built in to the tv set regardless

Thanks!

Soldato
Yeah, they decent speakers and will certainly be better than the TVs own. From what I can see, your TV has only digital out. You'd need a DAC in between the TV and the speakers, but you'd have no control over the SSIII volume using the TVs remote control; that only applies to it's own speakers and any headphone socket the TV may have.

Soldato
OP
Ah right this could be frustrating then, I assumed it would just adjust via the remote.appreciate the reply, I shall have a look just thought it may be a nice thing to try as I have the speakers sitting here

Back
Top Bottom