• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Used gfx cards up to £100 advice.

Associate
I really want to upgrade my GPU, but I'm unsure about what to buy. Are there any decent gfx cards for a hundred squid? Just seems every time I look for one they are vastly overpriced, even used ones. Am I allowed to offer a trade here? I have an X58 system I'd happily trade for. Sorry mods if this isn't allowed. Delete the thread if that's the case.

Man of Honour
What games are you wanting to play?

Is your PSU the RM750e in your sig? What about the CPU?

If you only have a GT 1030, then there are lots of cards under £100 that would be a huge upgrade.

Associate
Depends on what games you want to play but you can get a used 1070 Ti second < £100. If your budget can stretch a bit a used RX 6600 (non XT) can be had for around £120

Soldato
I'd look at the RX 5700 or RX 6600. You can get the former for ~£100 on AliExpress "brand new" (likely a harvested die remanufactured with a new PCB and cooler, but close enough) or used if you're lucky. The 6600 would be a bit more. Personally, I wouldn't buy another GTX 1000 series card at this point. Alan Wake 2 was a sign of things to come for that architecture, with it being pretty much unplayable even on a 1080 Ti due to a missing hardware feature, whereas it runs pretty well on a 5700 (XT).

Soldato
I recently picked up a gtx 1080 for £75. Repasted it but it's could do with lapping the heatsink as well. Only used in my young sons system so not really being pushed but was happy with the price and is letting him push 240fps on rocket league

Back
Top Bottom