Using an Xbox One controller with a Bluetooth adapter....Lag,lag and yet more lag!

Soldato
Has anyone else had a bad experience with this?

Pressing buttons on my controller results in a 1-2 second delay before registering actions on screen or them not being recognised at all, add to that the problems with Windows 10 detecting and syncing with it.

Am I missing something or is Bluetooth a waste of time for connecting a wireless Xbox controller for PC gaming and do I really need to get the Microsfot wireless USB dongle (at an extortionate price) for a decent experience?

I have got the micro USB cable for wired gaming with it but I'd really like to ditch using a wired controller.

Soldato
OP
If you get an Xbox one s controller with the built in Bluetooth you do not need an adaptor.

Err, I do have an Xbox controller with Bluetooth but you still need an adapter to receive the signal, Windows can't do that through software.

...But good news, I seemed to have solved the problem! Seems the drivers for my particular dongle were causing the lag, so I uninstalled them, rebooted, plugged my adapter back in and I'm now just using the built in Windows Blutooth driver and now there is no (discernible) lag!

£30 saved and put towards getting a nice new Xbox Elite controller :)

EDIT:

Just checked and found out Elite controllers don't come with Bluetooth!! :(

Back
Top Bottom