Using BT smarthub 2 on Vodafone

Associate
Hi all,
I know it's possible but wondering how much hassle it would be to continue using my current Smarthub 2 once I've switched over to Vodafone.
My Mrs hates changing all the devices over to new WiFi and also Ive been perfectly happy with the WiFi signal throughout my house with this router. Not sure if the new Vodafone router would be quite as good or the same as it's just there normal fibre 2 router. I know when I switched between BT and Plusnet it was very simple to do but that's because they're basically the same provider and just had to change a few small things in the settings.

Associate
OP
It says to contact them for my username and password.
It does say it can't be done with any plan with digital voice or a pro broadband package. I couldn't find a plan without but I don't use that service. I haven't used a home phone for almost a decade. So if it's to do with not being able to use that with another router I understand also pro package gives 4g backup so yes their router would be needed. Fact is I don't care about digital voice so I'm hoping it's still possible. To be fair as stated above changing stuff over isn't that big a deal. Not to me. My wife just likes to make a meal out of these things. My wife would be happy to continue paying double just for less hassle.

Caporegime
Change the Wi-Fi name on the Vodafone router to match the network name on your BT hub. You can't use a BT Hub on Vodafone.

Reactions: KIA

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Not the biggest deal in the world. Mrs will have to deal with it
As had been said multiple times here, set the SSID on the Vodafone router to the same as your old BT one, and also set the password you used to connect wireless devices on the Vodafone router to the same as it was in the BT router.

Then things will just connect as usual, no need to reconfigure the devices.

Last edited:
Associate
As had been said multiple times here, set the SSID on the Vodafone router to the same as your old BT one, and also set the password you used to connect wireless devices on the Vodafone router to the same as it was in the BT router.

Then things will just connect as usual, no need to reconfigure the devices.
Or come up with a new SSID/password combo and use it on every router you ever get from now on.

I’ve had the same SSID/password for about 17 years now and I just set it on any new router I get and all devices connect automatically.

Reactions: Ev0
Back
Top Bottom