• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Using my rig to play on my tv

Soldato
firstly any reccomendations on a 10 metre HDMI cable

secondly if i run my rig on DVI to my monitor and plug in a HDMI to my TV how do i switch from dvi > hdmi or do you totally have to disconnect 1 from the graphics card (i'll be using my mini display port to HDMI adaptor i got with my 6950 to go to the TV.

Not a permanent thing just something i wanted to try and possibly use every now and again to play a laid back game.

Soldato
OP
Hi there,

As for a cable recommendation - this one looks like a good option.

As for how to switch between different outputs, as Domi mentioned - you don't need to physically disconnect any of your existing monitors (unless you have used all the outputs on your card up) and just switch the outputs in software (either CCC or windows>control panel>screen resolution).

Also, if you got a DP to HDMI passive adapter with your card then if you are running only one monitor at the moment - then you can run your TV and monitor off it at the same time (also assuming the TV is also 1080p you could clone the screens if you like).

Sounds like it's worth a shot for £9, so i would keep my DVI plugged in and then plug in the mini diplay port to hdmi adaptor then plug into the TV.

do you mean it would it output to both at the same time without having to mess around with software?

Soldato
OP
Aye, but for a 10m length of HDMI you want a half-decent cable as you do get a fair bit of signal attenuation at this length (which can cause image artefacts or force you to use a lower resolution). The one I linked to looks like decent quality, is long enough and shouldn't break the bank - hence the recommendation.

Yes my card does have a HDMI :rolleyes:i'm an idiot

The only thing about that cable was it don't say what category it is, 1.3 or 1.4

seen some 1.4A grundigs and some no brands online for 9.99. Some people don't believe about signal attenuation but i know it exists.

Also a second question would sound pass straight through the hdmi if i set it in the control panel

This one
Capture1232434434.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom