Using TSO to host a site

Soldato
I have a company .com domain registered with uk2 for the next two years (and has been for the last 10), currently it just points to our basic zen webspace (with only the most basic options)with a simple html site that needs a kick into modernness...

Playing round with wordpress and thinking that might do exactly what I want so I figure I know TSOhost, I will sign up for a cloud based hosing account and figure i can knock up a site and then point company.com domain to it when i'm ready.
Heres where I am lost, I log in to my new TSOhost account and click add a website and it wants a .com domain..

How do I get what I want, where am I going wrong :confused:

desktop by peige10101, on Flickr

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So if I add mycompany.com how will that interact with the uk2 registration/forwarding?

Do I have to change stuff with Uk2 as well (would seem logical). Yesterday I did add mycompany.com on tso but it wasn't happy and was trying to log me in using mycompany.com/cpanel which obviously wasn't going to work.

Soldato
OP
Ah, ok, I can do that!

Off to find a cheepo domain :)

/edit mycompanyname.co.uk was free so sorted, nabbed it!

Last edited:
Soldato
If I'm reading your question correctly you'll have to point the domain you have registered at TSOHosts name servers. So when you go to www.whatever.com it points it as TSOHosts hosting etc.

I've had to do this before with them and had no issues. I now just use them for domain registrations etc.

Soldato
When you add a new website in TSO host, you tell it the .com domain that you already have.

Then you need to go to your UK2 account and change where the domain points to. It's in the DNS settings, at the moment it will be pointing to it's own internal zen space - you need to change this to point to an external ip address and put in the one for your site on TSO.

Soldato
OP
When you add a new website in TSO host, you tell it the .com domain that you already have.

Then you need to go to your UK2 account and change where the domain points to. It's in the DNS settings, at the moment it will be pointing to it's own internal zen space - you need to change this to point to an external ip address and put in the one for your site on TSO.

I understand. As soon as the .co.uk is how I want it I will change the .com to point at it too :)

Soldato
OP
I have past experience with them on an old residence association website I setup, they were excellent then so I'm more than happy to move my domain over when I'm sorted :)

Back
Top Bottom