Using TV as a monitor

Associate
Hi chaps

I've mentioned this question a few times in a few places and people tend to avoid answering it, or, dont bother because its not even worth mentioning?!

I am building a pc for my bedroom, to use on my 52" tv up there

I will be using HDMI and the graphics card will be an HD6950, the resolution is 1920x1080

questions:
Does it look GOOD on a tv ?
Does it play games as well as a monitor?
Any limitations?
Can I use the onboard sound through the hdmi and tv speakers?
Is it just as simple as plugging in to the tv and off you go?

The TV is a Sharp LC52XD1E if its relevant

I just want to make sure it will be good before I ***** £1000 on the new hardware!! :)

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, and a huge thank you to cmndr_andi

That is exactly the information I've been searching for, and it's now cast into doubt whether I should go ahead or not (as ideally I wanted to use it for gaming, playing an MMO)

I think it would be prudent for me to test it out first, and see how it performs - I hope my current GPU has an HDMI output (GTS250), I'll lug it upstairs and see how it performs.

If not I might see about an xbox or something. Thanks again :)

Associate
OP
Thats what I'm thinking - Especially raiding etc when there's a ton of stuff to render / mass fights going on I just wonder how it will cope never mind the lag that you get anyway.
I just happen to have the TV up on the wall in my room already and I wanted something to play on there so its not like I could opt for a monitor instead... xbox with Skyrim looks like a cheap and sensible option at the moment

Back
Top Bottom