UT2004 & Mac OSX

k++

k++

Associate
Hey,

I'm planning to buy a MacBook sometime in April, and although I'm not a massive games fan I do like the occasional FPS.

I know UT2004 is compatible with the mac, but will my original DVD which I used to install on windows install ok on the Mac or will I need another DVD?

Is there a "universal" update for the game rather than running under rosetta?

kind regards

Karl

k++

k++

Associate
OP
If I was to download the mac version from somewhere, would I be able to use my current valid CD-Key?
I don't fancy having to buy a seperate copy.

cheers

Karl

k++

k++

Associate
OP
I'm hardly conning them, I actually own a valid copy and spent money. Think of it as a sort of backup that I don't have until I need :p
However if I can't find it then I won't bother. Just wondering if it would work seen as I will now have to buy another copy to continue playing it.

Karl

k++

k++

Associate
OP
I really don't know. But some early benchmarks for ut2004 on the macbook were promising, and if this is running under rosetta then that is excellent news, I'm quite sure a universal binary will follow shortly.

cheers

Karl

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Universal binary has been out for a little while - patch download.

I have a 20" iMac with 2Gb RAM and the 256 upgraded graphics card and the PPC demo doesnt run that well tbh... not sure I would shell out for the full game even with the U Binary without seeing it in action first.

Last edited:

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Just out of interest, does anyone know where I can find UT2004 for the Mac (should I choose to buy it)? Apple never seem to have it in store these days...

k++

k++

Associate
OP
No need to buy the mac release of ut2004 now :)

Apple has released a beat of bootcamp. This is fantastic news (to me anyway), and there is no doubt now that I will be getting a mac in the next few weeks :)

Karl

Back
Top Bottom