UT2004RTX, oh man!!!

Resahde doesn't break games. It just adds the files to the game directory and doesn't replace game files. You activate it in game with the home key. Then you can fiddle with options for visuals. Simple install/uninstall too.

Last edited:
Did it on my 3070, my card has never hit 70c! let alone going above! Silky smooth though, I will have a look into running it at native 1440P as out of the box UT04 don't be liking 16:9.

It looked good, it seems to mostly just give a bit more depth to the image, I slapped on some other effects for good measure too, no idea of his config used.
I used out of the box RTGI settings and played a normal match not focusing on graphics as it is a more realistic expectation and situation. Not played UT in years, I played UT3 mostly.

The GPU was bottlenecked, it seems RTGI is maximizing the Tensor cores of my 3070 in this game as the core just won't go much above high 80's in usage.

This time maximizing RT, any further than the settings I use and no image quality is added, however the GPU does get used more for no reason, so with RT "Maxed" 150 FPS with 1200P.
TBH you are not missing much with it on. The dude in the OP cherry picked 1 part of 1 map in the game which is much prettier than the rest.
The others looks like the map I have played twice now, at different speeds too lol.

He is also using high res texture mods.

Last edited:
I am gtting the drift down/look down gamepad issue, I fixed it somehow in 2004, but it has been long.

Cool, found the fix.
In your user.ini file find these two lines...

JoyV=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4
JoySlider1=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4

And comment them out.

;JoyV=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4
;JoySlider1=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4

Last edited:
Bumping this back up because.

i want UT 99 dammit !
Ohhhh, YES. Ballistic Weapons, that was a super fun mod. Holy ****, I miss it, back in the day, I had a 16.8K (yes K) connection & kicked ass in it, now I would be a god. Hope I don't forget about it.

Never played UT2K4 much though it was kind of great in its own way.

I used to play in a competitive US Q3 CTF clan which won a couple of years at the top level of the game - we misguidedly thought we'd enter a UT2K4 tournament, with most of us installing the game in the 1-2 hours before the match... (I believe this was a mid-level team but don't know much about the UT2K4 scene).

YhqOCY2.png

UT99 though was pure atmosphere, full path tracing would really work with that - but I think it needs a high resolution makeover to go with it really.

Last edited:
Used to absolutely love UT2k4… I remember getting a demo from a magazine.. you could play two maps on multiplayer… I dread to think how many hours I played that demo!

Back
Top Bottom