Valencia - Spain - EUROPEAN Grand Prix 2009 - Race 11/17

Transmission breaker
Don
Please keep all discussion about 2010 rules, drivers, teams, fota vs fia argument and anything else 2010 related in this thread ***Official F1 2010***

Circuit Information
Circuit length: 3.38 miles (5.44 km)
Number of laps: 57
Race length: 192.675 miles (310.080 km)
Joined F1 calendar: 2008

2008 winner: Felipe Massa
2008 polesitter: Felipe Massa, 1:38.989
Lap record: 1:38.708 (Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 2008)

Drivers Standings
DriverStandings.JPG

Constructors Standings
Constructors.JPG

TV TIMES
Friday 21
First practice: 0900-1030, BBC Red Button/online
Second practice: 1300-1430, BBC Red Button/online

Saturday 22
Third practice: 1000-1100, BBC Red Button/online
Qualifying: 1210-1415, BBC One/BBC Red Button/online

Sunday 23
Race: 1210-1500, BBC One/BBC Red Button/online
Interactive Forum: 1500-1600, BBC Red Button/online
Highlights: 1900-2000, BBC Three/BBC Red Button/online

TECHNICAL
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

NEW DRIVERS
Romain1.JPG

Romain2.JPG

luca1.JPG

luca2.JPG

luca3.JPG

Sorry if I have missed anything, first time I have put up a thread! Anything I have missed, let me know and I will try and put it into this post.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
OP
No offense taken!

I did post in the old thread asking if there would be a new thread, when there was no response, I took it upon myself to get it going. Was not trying to steal anyone's thunder :p

I will leave well alone next time!

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
still a good attempt on first post :)

best just leaving it to acidhell though ;)

bout time it comes back, but i think most enjoyable part of the race will be all the gossip for first hour about shumacher almost making a return, then race will start and be dull as ever

Thanks, as I said before, it was only because I wanted to get the chat doing!!

I think there is a segment about ledgard doing his racing license too :p Should be mildly entertaining :D

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
"best left to acidhell"

god almightly this is becomming more and more like the other forums every day

who gives a **** who the original thread starter is. Why does it have to be left to acidhell. Cant he just post his usual content in the thread that somebody else started ? why does his post have to be the first post in the thread ?

The whole thing just comes over as childish and pretentious

I think if you look at the smiley at the end of the statement, it was a bit tonge in cheek. I am not bothered about it all, i just wanted to chat about the next race. Can we drop it and continue with F1 chat?

Cheers!

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Anyone else seen the news that Kova has been put on notice to improve or else get the boot at the end of the season? About time, would like to see what Rosberg can do - could give Hamilton a run for his money (which can only be a good thing for him as he thrived when up against Alonso).

Interesting, do you have a news source we can look at?

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
With the car running, they are at least fulfilling sponsorship duties.

He really is not up there is he. Fingers crossed he is just struggling with setup, and will pull his finger out tommorrow. Perhaps he was just taking it easy till the track is properly rubbered in?

*edit* I am almost certain though that Gene would have been quicker :(

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Genuinely surprised at people who think this season has been boring. Every race I have absolutely no idea who is going to be fastest. It's great!

I know what you mean! I always come away from the races thinking it was a good one.

Only to hear everyone else say it was dull. I swear i have been watching other races :D

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
It shouldn't all be about pit stops, kind of ruins it for me. Next season could be worse too (if I have got the rules right) if all cars during qualifying are fueled as light as possible and all cars during the race will have the same amount of fuel to last the race, then wouldn't that mean the fastest cars in Qualifying pretty much can't lose :confused: Part of the fun of qualifying is seeing the fuel adjusted order but we won't have that next year?

Thats how it should be. Banzai Qually, and fueled up cars for the race. Drivers have to make the fuel last the whole race, and driving on a full tank of fuel does murder to the tyres.

Pit stops will very much still feature, it will just be bck to lightening pit stops :D

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Only if the tyres are ready ;) or the wheel gets put back on correctly ;)

I have an F1 wheel nut here in my hand at the moment, how they managed to not tighten it fully is beyond me.

Its a massive thing with a single thread.. Crazy stuff.

*EDIT*
wheelnut.jpg

Pic added.

I also had a spring in my hand (of the type that nailed Massa) Got some pics of it too.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
OP
How did you bag those Malt? :eek: :D

I was all set to tell you the cool story about how i managed to sneak into a store room whilst at williams HQ and nicked it...

However, they sell them in the shop :p

*edit*
Similar spring to the one that got Massa!
spring.jpg

When I get a chance I will put up a thread with all my pics from the weekend :)

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Sweet! Did you get to meet the drivers and play with important things? :D

Yer, the drivers were actually at Valencia along with most of the race team :p

I get a couple of goes on the simulator, put up some handy times around silverstone ;)

Drooled over the old cars for many hours, watched the race, ate free food, drank free drinks, and generally mooched around the exhibits/trophys.

Was a fantastic day out. My mate is next taking me to the factory on an open day :D:D:D

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Really glad to hear that - really made my day

As said I hope the Brawn car stays very distinctive, so frustrating with junior teams etc using similar paint schemes (did I spot a Torro Rosso actually using a Red Bull nose cone in Valencia? Maybe they always have, but at least surely they should re-spray them lol)

I didnt spot that!

Perhaps when the nose got smashed at the start, they nicked an RBR one?

Back
Top Bottom