Valheim

Soldato
Has anyone been playing this new release? I got it today and so far it seems really great. Fantastic setting and art style. Their roadmap sounds great too.

A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture. Battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage!

JUGz9wh.jpg

Soldato
OP
First proper go at building. Went too big I think, the roof was a pain to support. Not a patch on some of the fantastic creations that are out there. Still, it's home :D

FRC1wRX.jpg

Nice effort there. I read online that to get your head around building/support to think about the shortest route items you're placing have to the ground. Blue = in contact with the ground, then green>yellow>red as the structure gets weaker.

Soldato
OP
How do you sail a raft? I built one, i jump on it... then i can rest my arm against the pole, but any movement makes me run off the raft itself.

Also do i need to learn stuff to tame these boars as id like a farm setup :D

It took us a while to suss it out. There's a paddle at the back of the boat that you have to hold. One speed up activates the paddle if you don't have any wind helping you. If you do get the wind on your side then push up one and twice more to get moving. Look at the info that appears under the minimap to help you once you grab hold of that paddle. The raft is terrible though! :D

Soldato
OP
Hello Valheimers!
Todays patch has some major changes, the biggest change is the updated socket backend which should improve connection issues for a lot of players. Vulkan support as been enabled in Windows builds and can be enabled for now by adding "-force-vulkan" as a launch option in Steam properties for Valheim. This might fix some random crashes related to GPU drivers. World corruption caused by loging out and and the same time pressing ALT+F4 has been fixed. Some balancing fixes was made on bosses to make them more challenging ( u guys are killing them too fast ).

NOTE: Due to changes in character save data, once a character has been loaded & saved in this new version, they can no longer be loaded in an older version of valheim.

* Crafting item-dupe bug fix
* Harpooned player & ship bug fix
* Fixed player ragdoll
* Bonemass,Moder,Yagluth difficulty tweaks
* Moder music updated
* Tombstone bugfix (probably wont fix disappearing tombstones though)
* Fixed world corruption caused by pressing ALT+F4 while logging out.
* Deathsquitos have slightly longer audio range
* Tweaked audio on blast-furnace & spinning wheel
* Shared map position setting is saved per world
* Updated network stats (F2)
* Building destruction drop-fix
* Vulkan support in windows builds
* Network disconnection bugfix
* Updated socket-backend

Soldato
OP
anyone renting a server for valheim and if so who from?

When i host locally with 4-5 people on around the base it tanks the fps from 90 to 40, so im considering renting a server for a month to see how it goes

Yes, we do.

We started off with https://nodecraft.com/ which has a superb front end but we quickly found their initial recommendation of 3gb not sufficient. Then the costs starting to become a bit too high. Have just moved to https://www.gtxgaming.co.uk/valheim-server-hosting/ and have just got our world moved over the the server up and running. Testing tonight. UI not as nice, but much better value and has a couple of modding tools already built in...so at the click of a button you can enable the dll fix for better up/down speeds as mentioned in this thread a few times.

Back
Top Bottom