Value & worth

Caporegime
Here's one I did earlier!

This is one of those threads that can go in any direction. It could be emo, it could be funny, it could be educational. I shall provide the framework, you shall provide the direction. Let's have a bit of "mental gymnastics" as some call it (I suspect these people also use phrases like "moving forward", "touch base" and call copying someone in on an email "looping in", like an email is a lasso or something and you're a cow waiting to be looped in to their email chain or whatever). Anyway, I digress.

Let's talk about value. Time is a finite resource and since starting this new job a year ago I have a lot more free time than I did before. I earn a decent living and can afford to spend my time doing what I enjoy and paying a bit extra for conveniences. My wife however doesn't seem to grasp this concept yet and is happy to waste a Saturday driving 200 miles to a Robert Dyas in Coventry to save a fiver off a kettle. This obviously leads to arguments as my Saturdays are worth a hell of a lot more than that to me. This is probably a side effect of having worked 7 days a week almost every week for the two years I before I started this job. I'll happily spend a bit of money to have my house cleaned for me so I can enjoy my time off too, rather than spend a day a week hoovering and arguing about which wash the laundry needs to go on and don't put my dresses in with your jeans because you'll ruin them and the towels go on 60deg, not 90 dammit are you an idiot.

Anywho, as much as I'd like to try and quantify this and put a value on my time, the way I see it is as long as I can pay my bills, not stress about money and still enjoy life, I'm happy to spend more to live more.

I know we have a few on here who'd gladly spend a saturday cleaning and saving the money rather, so speak up and tell us your thoughts! We likely won't have any kids and you can't take it with you so we're enjoying it whilst we're still on this wretched planet full of morons.

What say you GD? Where are you going to take this adventure?

(I love how this post has been rather thought provoking yet a bit silly as well, and there's a rather subtle undertone of passive aggressiveness towards my fellow humans, this ties in well with the thought provoking stuff, I'd give it a 6.5/10 personally)

Caporegime
OP
Thank god you won't have kids. Having you as a role model would likely end up with them taking heroin by age 12.

Also your wife sounds like a bag of fun. Enjoy the rest of eternity with her.

Awwww, ray of sunshine mode engaged buddy? It’s ok, I still love you, both brain cells and all <3

Caporegime
OP
Well said, I wasted 20 minutes of my life last weekend talking to JWs (theyre still mental and still hate blood transfusions btw) I won't make that mistake again.

I hate cleaning and gardening and any DIY because I know my time can be better spent playing guitar or any other of my hobbies, unfortunately cleaning your house is something that has to be done, unless youre rich like Diddums ;)

Not rich, small house :D

Caporegime
OP
Amazing. Diddums drivel and Psycho Sonny vitriol. Perfect for this morning where having decided to take the train I'm now 2.5hrs into a 1hr journey. So ticket worth £17.. value? Maybe a fiver given this level of service.

Ah yes but you have some Diddums drivel to keep you entertained, whatcha whingin’ bout willis? :D

To answer Diddums' point (if there ever is one), he values his weekends differently than his wife does, presumably because going on that 4hr trip is all part of the journey for her in furnishing their home, while for him "it's just an ****** kettle”

Well, “just an ****** kettle” turned in to an impromptu weekend to Berlin instead, no kettle can match that amount of brownie points ;)

Caporegime
OP
Does she not realise it'd cost more than £5 in fuel? Women...

Women are idiots. One gave birth to me and decided to devote her life to me for 21 years all on her own. Another one decided to marry me and make sure I stay out of trouble, if that doesn’t tell you all you need to know then nothing will.

Back
Top Bottom