Valve Index Lens Sweetspot ?

Soldato
So I had an HTC Cosmos recently but had to send it back as the lens sweetspot for me was absolutely tiny and even moving my eyes around it would look very blurry at the edges so I had to have my eyes facing forward at all times and just move my head which wasn't ideal, The unit itself was very well built and tracking got much better with firmware updates but the former issue made it a hassle to use and visually unappealing.

Looking at the Index now but curious if anyone could tell me what the sweetspot is like compared to something like the Vive Cosmos or even the Oculus Rift S ? Can you move your eyes around and still have everything in focus ?

Soldato
ok so sweet spot.. ppl think of it in 2 ways..

1. the clarity of edge to edge when in the right spot of clarity
2. the ease of finding the spot of clarity

in terms of edge to edge clarity when in the perfect spot, its amazing. edge to edge pretty much.
in terms of finding it, its a bit hard but once u get used to it, its easy and basically just slip it on and a micro adjustment at most as the index has TONNEs of adjustment options.

yeah u can move ur eyes around if ur fit is correct. its pretty much edge to edge despite the fov being bigger.

Back
Top Bottom