van design: what do you think?

i'm redoing the sticking on my van and wanted some others thoughts.

i'm trying to keep it simple, some what lost cost, and easy to reuse on other vans.

the side is more towards being a final design. i'm not entirely sure if it's best to put the full name/logo which is "Mayer Enterprises", or just Mayer, which is what i call the business to people as it's easier when saying something like Mayer cleaning services, and then the tag line underneath some what explaining our USP. having just Mayer and the tagline i think will avoid any confusion with the web address as people might read Mayer Enterprises, but then see the web address as Mayer group and be like well which is it.

the idea for the /ovencleaning part, is that other vans would have stuff like /carpetcleaning, /gardening etc, colour coded to that services colour scheme, and i like that it adds a bit of colour.

the downsides to the side design is that i think it's not clear what we do, people may just think we're just an ovencleaning company, there is no phone number, and it is a little dull/lacking colour. i'd added a very poorly made arrow (will be improved) which i like as it adds colour and attention to our website which i want people to go to and see what we do, though not sure how tacky it would look (once i've got the proper arrow in place with perhaps just one colour)

the back design i'm lost on. i may not do anything at all, but figured i'd have a play. i'd just listed the 3 services, in those services colours, with a website and phone number. all suggestions are very welcome here.

here's the side design number 1:
ffJOkXH.jpg

side design number 2:
Z4l5MRt.jpg

read design:
3gfhfmB.jpg

these are the 2 designs that inspired my design. they are simple, straight to the point, and add a nice amount of colour.

4Iqr0jF.jpg
oU5Z9HU.jpg

Soldato
OP
russ: it depends how good the design is on how much i'd pay, but yes there is potential for an increase in budget, i just don't know what we'd have :/

been playing and feel this might be a bit better as says what we do and adds colour.

pZ4KomO.jpg

here's another with a blue butt. one downside is to me it reminds me of the balfour beatty/intial vans
L3EIJaw.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
been playing a bit more to make it a little more of a fun design. it's no way professional and the image has been stolen, but what do people think now as a base idea? i'm thinking once i've got a good idea of what i'm after to then get an approx quote from places who will do the work, and then get it professionally designed.

i'd like to add on to the design some how, perhaps below the business name, that this van is for oven cleaning, and have the guy holding oven cleaning items, and then for other services the guy/girl would be designed towards those on different vans.

AGTWp28.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
the internals will be dedicated to the task they do. an oven cleaning van wont be usable for another service without a big change, so the change of letters on the side will be a tiny cost in comparison.

the reason for the writing on the side for that particular service that the van is kitted out for, is that when we turn up we want the neighbours to notice their neighbours getting their oven cleaned/carpets cleaned etc. if the van was to say all the services we can do then it'd be too much information and the neighbours wouldn't know why we are parked on someones drive for a couple hours, and less likely to use us for that service.

when people move house they need to have their stuff moved out, the place cleaned top to bottom, the carpets cleaned, external windows cleaned, the oven cleaned, gardens given a tidy up. We currently can arrange all those and plan to add light repairs/decorating one day so that we can offer a full complete moving house service.

i'll take your comments on board but i should say i get comment after comment about how nice the website is so customers must like it, and when you said an oven cleaner turning up to do gardening, that's kind of like saying i order virgin to install my internet and someone from their gyms turn up. it wont happen.

from the below page would you say it's not clear what we do? http://www.mayergroup.co.uk/services/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
been having another play around. think we're getting much closer to the final design.

i've changed the text to listing the 3 categories of what we do (Cleaning, Removals and Gardenings), however in the final image i've changed it to the tag line we used to use when trading under our last name (The Deep Cleaning Experts), relating to the cleaning only which is what these vans will be only used for so this makes a bit more sense, and as the feedback from before with customers i felt the tagline helped towards getting us work, so i'm likely to stay with this latest line. unless of course you lot feel it's still not working?

i'm still wishing there was a decent way to promote the service this van will be used for in some way. For instance, when companies do just oven cleaning, their van is well advertised with oven cleaning deals, pictures, prices etc, which i'm sure will help win them some work. I plan to park this van every evening in town on road which gets a lot of people walking past, and leave some advertising materials attached to the side. as the van doesn't focus on one service, it'll be harder to get the attention like our competition will be able to.

prob my favourite design - i feel the blue is friendly, breaks up from just the white and is simply easy to change for say when we need a gardening van could easily change to green, change tag line and that's it.
wziie2I.jpg

simpler than above and with better tagline
3vXYV4o.jpg

very similar to our business cards - felt this was a different design perhaps more memorable than the others
wew6GeN.jpg

felt this was eye catching the most, but maybe a bit too busy?
kFSOX5Q.jpg

Soldato
OP
thanks for all the advice and feedback. we've dsicussed this a lot, and had many people give views and this is what we will be getting unless something changes between now and it being installed.

the first 2 images are the only 2 we will be getting. i had a play around to imagine what future vans would look like and felt these worked the best. The colours of the greens and reds may be played with, they are just a quick example.

i liked all the designs tbh, i just felt some such as the one with the cartoon guy, would require too much work for other vans, and too much change of other advertising.

2li1fbe.jpg

xxxSAdvl.jpg

zncpzTVl.jpg

XvXbdAn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom