Vapochill lightspeed cooling - is it quiet?

Associate
Hi,

I am considering watercooling or using a cooling solution for my computer. The vapochill lightspeed solution seems like the best way to go about getting low cpu temps..but my question is, has anyone used it and is it quiet like water cooling?

Last edited:
Associate
speak up boy! I can't here you! :p

from what i've heard they're fairly quiet... though don't quite me on that

Ask Mr Mister, he has a Mach II which is almost identical to the Vapochill stuff, it seemed fairly quiet when I was round his earlier.

Permabanned
a vapochill ls is louder than a mach 2. The mach 2 isnt really that loud but obviously water cooling is quieter as no compressor noise etc. Fans are adjustable on the mach 2 but not on the vapo.

Soldato
Mr Mister said:
a vapochill ls is louder than a mach 2. The mach 2 isnt really that loud but obviously water cooling is quieter as no compressor noise etc. Fans are adjustable on the mach 2 but not on the vapo.

Fans are adjustable on the Vapochill LS (you can alter there speed in the chill control software) but the compressor isn't as quiet as the Mach II's.

Soldato
If you're prepared to spend the cash you can get the compressor upgraded to a quieter Danafloss one which is very quiet - the old Mach 1's are still the quietest of the lot - and yes - very good temps!

Associate
OP
Ahh thats great news, thankyou to everyone who has posted :)

Most appreciated!

I wil let you know my final decision when I make it =) but MachII seems like a good choice atm....but LS seems to have its good points :)

It's a shame that it's louder than watercooling :(

Last edited:
Permabanned
ive put mine up for sale in the mm unfortunately as i could do with the money elsewhere. Its great for over clocks though. I managed to get a screenshot at 3.55ghz on my 3800 x2 :D

Man of Honour
The Vapochill LS uses a different compressor to the Mach II - it basically makes the same noise as a fridge, although with two 120mm fans at the front and rear it sounds a lot louder. You do get used to it though. The Mach II uses a Danfoss NL11F compressor and two panaflo 120mm fans which can be controlled via software. At normal operation it is about 30db(A)-35db(A) It is quieter than the Vapochill LS. Both units are for overclocking, they are not replacements for watercooling. Watercooling can be silent, phase change is not. Hope this helps.

Soldato
As said Watercooling could be Silent, Phase is'nt.

Are you looking for very cold temps (sub zero) allowing a lot better overclocking? or are you just wanting a silent or near enough silent cooling solution?

Associate
OP
Bennah said:
As said Watercooling could be Silent, Phase is'nt.

Are you looking for very cold temps (sub zero) allowing a lot better overclocking? or are you just wanting a silent or near enough silent cooling solution?

To be honest I really am looking for the quietest solution possible for my comp. If its too noisy then I won't put it in, hence my query asking if the LS system was as noisy as water cooling - hearing recently from philstanbridge that its as loud as a fridge does make me want to re-consider getting one of those cooling systems.

I guess water cooling sounds like a better solution...any idea of what kit I should get? (max budget £550)

Associate
OP
philstanbridge said:
If you need any questions answering just MSN me mate.

Thanks for your support, I will try and get in contact with you as soon as I get home from work...or if im too tired, I will try and pm you latest by the weekend.

cheers!

Back
Top Bottom