Varjo Aero

Associate
OP
I had a similar issue with the update so rolled back to 3.10. More worryingly I had the right eye show what is like old crt coloured static and I had to reset\reseat the USB cable which resolved it, I raised an issue with them and they think it may be a cable VR box issue so going to send me replacements. Hopefully not a permanent issue :(

Associate
OP
I would raise that with them about the cable, may be a known problem and at least raised under warranty. I provided them shipping details yesterday so I'll see how long it takes to deliver and if it improves. Hope so as really like the headset and the display quality

Associate
New Varjo base 4.2 update has dropped.

Edit: Don't bother updating. They didn't implement redshift fix and broke the current fix. I think the Aero has been forgotten.
Chromatic Aberration is bad and I can't return back to the old version as I think it's updated the headset firmware so I get a Eye tracking not found when I run the older version of Varjo Base. Well done Varjo.

Edit2: Managed to get the old version running again. Uninstall, restart PC, re-install and then reset all settings in Varjo Base to start the initial setup. Otherwise you'll get a error on the screen saying "eye tracking not found - contact support"
From the Varjo Discord, they are intending to release a new patch with the ability to adjust the redshift.
Like yourselves I've not updated to 4.2 because of this issue.

Associate
It appears there is an update arrived, I think I'll try this tomorrow assuming there are no bad reports about it... from the Varjo Discord:

Hey all, here is the proper 4.2 Red/Blue shift tool
https://share.varjo.com/index.php/s/AR7R5fPg9n2mB6A
Took a bit longer to make a build. Please let me know if you face any issuesHow to use tool:

• Install Varjo Base 4.2.1.
  • Connect and run your Varjo headset as usual.
  • Make sure Automatic IPD adjustment is enabled or manual IPD adjustment is set to a value matching your actual IPD.
  • Download VarjoOpticalAdjustment.zip from here:
https://share.varjo.com/index.php/s/AR7R5fPg9n2mB6A
  • Unzip VarjoOpticalAdjustment.zip to any folder.
  • Run EnableOpticalAdjustment.bat in the folder to enable OpticalAdjustment with the default value.
  • The default value is -0.4. You can change the value by editing value.cfg file in the folder and running EnableOpticalAdjustment.bat again. We recommend testing values between -0.3 -- -0.6 to find the value giving you the most optimal visual experience.
  • You can disable the optical adjustment by running DisableOpticalAdjustment.bat.

Associate
So they still haven't built it into the drivers and you have to run it every time you launch? What type of idiot company is this?
indeed... the kind of company that dipped it's toe into the consumer market and decided it was too hot to handle :cry:

I like my Aero a lot, but I am unlikely to purchase from them again even if they did come back to the consumer market.

Associate
I read the notes for 4.0 onwards and every new fix or feature is for XR4, like passthrough and inside out tracking fixes etc. If games run better I'll upgrade, but that chromatic aberration was terrible compared to 3.1. If the new one works fine could you post ?

Associate
I've just tried it, reverting back, again.
Chromatic aberration is still worse in the vertical. Loading up Elite Dangerous and tiny stars in the background are showing as two distinct dots :
I didn't get that as much with the previous 3.1.
The power thing must be for the XR4 too.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if it's just me or not, but one thing I noticed improved with 4.2 was the motion blur when I moved my head as it's a little less noticeable?

I'll prob jump ship to a VR1 or Crystal OLED when they release.

Last edited:
Associate
i was just about to udate again glad i came here to check :cry:

thx guys!
Ha, I'm flip flopping between the two at the mo. I've installed and uninstalled each 3x times now trying to see if I can improve the CA in 4.2. I will not be defeated!
Yeah, I got my name down quite quick for the VR1 so should be in good order for first batch... but now I'm not sure I want to spend £2k on a headset when an OLED with another 50% more resolution is being released 6 months later.

Man of Honour
Ha, I'm flip flopping between the two at the mo. I've installed and uninstalled each 3x times now trying to see if I can improve the CA in 4.2. I will not be defeated!
Yeah, I got my name down quite quick for the VR1 so should be in good order for first batch... but now I'm not sure I want to spend £2k on a headset when an OLED with another 50% more resolution is being released 6 months later.
well it's difficult the VR1 is "modular" which usually means compromised imo and the Pimax well it's a Pimax :cry: the Aero I was impressed with until we were dropped like a hot stone once they'd sold them all

I'm intrested in the Pimax @ $699 probably £599 to us but I'll wait till the reviews come in! other than that the Quest 3 is fulfilling my media needs and the Aero my sim racing needs atm and the 5090 is going to drop this year apparently too so it's gonna get expensive :S

I just want a highres OLED panel, Quest 3 optics, decent FOV and I'm good (if only) :cry:

Back
Top Bottom