Vauxhall's with missing front logo

Soldato
Do Vauxhall’s still get Barry’d up with BBS wheels, a rubbish spoiler and shopping list of decals on the side?

Yes but I see less and less of it now. I guess insurance costs have killed a lot of it off.

But yea, people probably remove them to lower the embarrassment of it being a Vauxhall :D

Associate
Badges are like the rest of the cars, tend to fall to bits. I had half a dozen Vauxhalls, upgraded to a Renault (which in 2 years hasn't broken, everything works, cost me £150 for two services). You know your cars are **** when a Renault is infinitely more reliable and cheaper to run.

Caporegime
Badges are like the rest of the cars, tend to fall to bits. I had half a dozen Vauxhalls, upgraded to a Renault (which in 2 years hasn't broken, everything works, cost me £150 for two services). You know your cars are **** when a Renault is infinitely more reliable and cheaper to run.

Why do you hate yourself? :p

Associate
Why do you hate yourself? :p

*shrug* The Megane goes better, handles better (for a pauper-spec shopping trolley car full of tools), is more comfortable, and is so far more reliable than any of the Astras I had (Mk4s and Mk5s). Plenty of sad bits of trim on the Megane, butthe Astras weren't immune to that problem. :)

Caporegime
*shrug* The Megane goes better, handles better (for a pauper-spec shopping trolley car full of tools), is more comfortable, and is so far more reliable than any of the Astras I had (Mk4s and Mk5s). Plenty of sad bits of trim on the Megane, butthe Astras weren't immune to that problem. :)

It's quite simple isn't it? If you have a car that suits your needs and does it reliably, then screw what everyone else says. Too many people parrot the same old crap on the internet, bad reputations and rumours take forever to die. Vauxhalls are perfectly good cars, as are most Surrenderwagons. They're not gonna set the world on fire in terms of performance or break track records but that's not what they're for, they're designed to be tools that are reasonably comfy, reasonably economical, reasonably affordable, and reliable. Nothing wrong with that.

Associate
It's quite simple isn't it? If you have a car that suits your needs and does it reliably, then screw what everyone else says. Too many people parrot the same old crap on the internet, bad reputations and rumours take forever to die.

Well said. I'm only driving the Megane because it was super-cheap (£5495 for a 3 year old car with 5300 miles in it, ex-Motability lease car), replacing a 2014 Corsa that had serious electrical gremlins (alternator, ECU, coilpacks, O2 sensors).

At 42 years of age I don't really care what the car looks like, as long as it goes and stops, the heater and aircon work, and I can listen to Radio 2. :D

Associate
Pre face lift insignia badges fall off, it's a failure of that gen models (year 08 to 12). Loads of people saying they washed the car & it fell off lol.

I bought a facelift model & it's been great.

Bad rep I've found is mainly because they sell so many that failure rates seem high due to people moaning about issues. Same as BMW's at the moment, loads of fleet cars being sold off the roads are littered with them.

Man of Honour
I had a Belmont company car once and it was one of the worst cars I’ve ever had. I went to the US in 91 and my hire car was a Pontiac Le Mans. I was so excited only to see a white Belmont arrive with Pontiac Le Mans on the boot. Luckily it broke 2 yards from the hire place and they swapped it!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
It’s actually a known fault with the earlier insignias that their front badge falls off!
Thats interesting, i assumed that it had to be a fault rather than people trying to be "cool". You see so many with the badge missing.

Man of Honour
Luckily it broke 2 yards from the hire place and they swapped it!

when you say broke do you mean drove it into the first post you could find?

my old man had a vectra company car in the 90s and it was totally useless - its party trick was locking the doors and opening all the windows (and sunroof) when it rained, mainly on the motorways but somehow it managed to do it once while parked outside the house.

Back
Top Bottom