VB.net 2010 Slow Builds

Associate
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had experience of Visual Basic 2010 Express having slow build times.

I've had a quick Google and people suggest that it could be if you're running from a network location or if you have a slow PC etc....

However my PC works fine, Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.94Ghz, 4GB RAM, plenty of disk space, Windows XP. The majority of the time my projects just take a few seconds to build. It's just that some projects are taking about 30 seconds to build and it doesn't seem to make any difference it there's only 1 line of code or 200+

Thanks
Swain90

I'm working on a SmartDevice project in VS2008, and my compile times are a matter of seconds usually - unless I've opened the form designer, in which case, the compile times will increase to minutes.

Closing the form designer, closing VS and opening it again (without loading the form designer) will bring compile times back down to seconds, and is much quicker than waiting for it to compile if I've had the designer open!

It may or may not be a similar issue, but worth trying.

This seems to have resolved the problem my project is building in about 2 seconds now thanks a lot ! :cool:

I know it was only 30 seconds but it was just annoying me how it would build projects in a couple of seconds one day then for some reason take 10 times longer

Back
Top Bottom