vb sqldatasource and passing identity to query

Soldato
I'm trying to pass User.Identity.Name to a sqldatasource where query in vb asp and as always getting in to a pickle.

On page load I have the following to set up the parameter.
Code:
   Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        ' When your page opens, set your datasource parameter '
        ' SqlDataSource1.SelectParameters.Add("@UserName", User.Identity.Name)
        SqlDataSource1.SelectParameters.Add("@UserName", HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.Substring(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.IndexOf("\") + 1))
        Message.Text &= "User NameNoDomain: " & HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.Substring(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.IndexOf("\") + 1)

End Sub
in this instance; I'm stripping out the domain as I just want to pass the userid. I'm now having a brainburp in passing that to the sqldatasource.
Code:
        <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:blahblah %>" SelectCommand="SELECT blah FROM blahland WHERE (userblah LIKE '%' + @UserName + '%')">
           <SelectParameters>
                <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="@UserName" Name="Username" />
        </SelectParameters>
        </asp:SqlDataSource>
I suspect the code bahind isn't feeding to SelectParamters in the way I expect but I've tried various means and way and syntax's and not getting very far!

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Soldato
OP
I think I've sussed it; a proper brainburp!
Code:
SqlDataSource1.SelectParameters.Add("@UserName", HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.Substring(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.IndexOf("\") + 1))
>
SqlDataSource1.SelectParameters.Add("UserName", HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.Substring(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.IndexOf("\") + 1))
Removed the ampersand and remove the defined sqlparamter.
Code:
 <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="@UserName" Name="Username" />
Now works as expected!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom