Vector graphics query

Associate
My wife has done a logo for her website and we want to get it "vectorised"(?) for use on banners etc.

It's currently got a black background, is it possible for a vector graphic file to have a transparent background?

I'm going to use Fiverr to get it done, what format files should I be looking to get?

Ta.

Who made that? Your wife? Just use the font and there's your vector.

Oh and no offence to your wife but I'm guessing she's not a graphic designer and that 'logo' is pretty 80s. Is she set on it?

Last edited:
Who made that? Your wife? Just use the font and there's your vector.

Oh and no offence to your wife but I'm guessing she's not a graphic designer and that 'logo' is pretty 80s. Is she set on it?

It was something she did on VistaPrint on some flyers and I scanned one and cropped the logo out.

Would you believe she's an artist who trained in the 80's :D

She's just got back into producing stuff.

Maybe I should look into the logo design bit of Fiverr?

Hows this?? Vectorised and even though the image is showing white, it is a transparent background

The image links to my Flickr account, so if you want to download it click the image and select the size you want (max is 1560 x 1228)

Hows this?? Vectorised and even though the image is showing white, it is a transparent background

The image links to my Flickr account, so if you want to download it click the image and select the size you want (max is 1560 x 1228)

That isn't vectorised? It's just a PNG with a transparent background?

A Vector is normally a SVG/EPS/WMF, the idea being that it retains quality when scaled to any print size.

I know what a vector image is as I work in a printers. More than welcome to have a SVG file of it but the PNG does scale OK as I tried it in work and it does look fine at A0

I know what a vector image is as I work in a printers. More than welcome to have a SVG file of it but the PNG does scale OK as I tried it in work and it does look fine at A0

Wow, remind me never to get anything printed at your place! What a bodge shortcut.

I asked her what the font was and the reply was "errrrrrr, Herbiedurflythingy" :p

How old is it? She probably still has the font installed?

Wow, remind me never to get anything printed at your place! What a bodge shortcut.

I re-traced the image in CorelDraw. But like I said the OP could have it as a SVG vector file if he so wanted it. I tried vectoring it in VectorMagic, but it didn't get the detail.

You don't know the work we do and who we do work, so your criticism is unwarranted. And have you ever worked in a actually printers/design place?? Some of the files we get that we re-vector because the quality is utter rubbish.

May I ask what you job? is as I have never criticised anything you have done or posted have I?? I tried to help a fellow member out which is more than you did other than criticise. No wonder I don't people on forum these days, as you always get criticised for it.

Last edited:
I re-traced the image in CorelDraw. But like I said the OP could have it as a SVG vector file if he so wanted it. I tried vectoring it in VectorMagic, but it didn't get the detail.

You don't know the work we do and who we do work, so your criticism is unwarranted. And have you ever worked in a actually printers/design place?? Some of the files we get that we re-vector because the quality is utter rubbish.

May I ask what you job? is as I have never criticised anything you have done or posted have I?? I tried to help a fellow member out which is more than you did other than criticise. No wonder I don't people on forum these days, as you always get criticised for it.

My criticism is entirely warranted given the OP asked for a vector and you gave him a poorly traced JPG. Even if it was a vector the letters bleed into each other where they meet. I would be miffed if I got a print back with that on.

I'm not getting into a willy waving contest but I run a creative agency.

Back
Top Bottom