• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Vega 64 Black screen when installing AMD drivers

Soldato
This is driving me nuts, my PC was working perfect, but now as soon as windows boots up (and uses the GPU drivers) my screen goes blank,

For example i can load the BIOS see all the graphics, i can boot into safe mode and see everything fine, but as soon as i install the AMD Vega 64 drivers my screen goes blank.

I have tried using DDU in safe mode, and this lets me get into windows, but as soon as install AMD drivers the screen will go blank,

Any ideas?

This was working perfectly fine even yesterday, but today as soon as i boot up I noticed after the bios screen my display goes black

Soldato
Thanks a lot! doing this let me install the drivers, switched it back and still working!

No idea what the issue is, i didnt even know it had a BIOS switch !
If it is surviving restarts then all good, the bios gets read once I think, during windows boot or maybe your computer booting. Vega cards usually have 2 BIOS's, some cards have 3, one is write protected the other you can overwrite if you need too. I'd try it back in the original position and see how that works out, if it doesn't work you might be able to flash another BIOS on it, but if it the write protected one you might be snookered, not looked into if its easy to get around the protection.

Hopefully it just works now and your happy :)

Soldato
OP
If it is surviving restarts then all good, the bios gets read once I think, during windows boot or maybe your computer booting. Vega cards usually have 2 BIOS's, some cards have 3, one is write protected the other you can overwrite if you need too. I'd try it back in the original position and see how that works out, if it doesn't work you might be able to flash another BIOS on it, but if it the write protected one you might be snookered, not looked into if its easy to get around the protection.

Hopefully it just works now and your happy :)

i put it back to its original switch position and its all good now, Phew!

Back
Top Bottom