Vegas

Soldato
I have just booked myself 5 nights at the Mirage in April. Whilst out there I have two things I definitely plan to do, the first is see Penn and Teller at the Rio and the second is to take a trip to the Grand Canyon.

I have some questions I am hoping someone who has been before can advise on.

1. For the Penn and Teller show I can order through something like Expedia and get a ticket for under £50, but without a set seat, or I can go to vegas.com and order a specific seat but the cost jumps to about £65 - so would you recommend buying in advance at all, and if so which would you go for.

2. For the Gran Canyon there appear to be two main options - South and West ridges - =I think I have decided on the West ridge, but should I do the 12 hour round trip by Coach (so about 9 hours on the coach) or should I just bite the bullet and do it by plane (I have found a site that charges £125 for the flight, but states no entrance to Grand Canyon - does that just mean the actual observation decks and I can still walk the trails etc, or if I didn't buy an entrance ticket would I literally have nothing to do for the 3 hours whilst I wait for the return flight. The coach is 12 hours total and appears to be about £70

3. Is it worth getting a pass for the Monorail?

4. Any All you can eat buffet places people would recommend.

Then anything else people would like to recommend as an experience would be appreciated and looked into :)

Soldato
OP
Cheers Guys

So if I can afford it go to the south rim, if I can't the west will just about do :)

The buffet at Wynn sounds like something that needs experiencing.

I think as P&T is something I definitely want to do I might just bite the bullet and grab a ticket in advance.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I have decided to pre-purchase a ticket for P&T - no set seat but it was £40 using a voucher code at Expedia and the direct places wanted about £70.

I have also booked a south rim GC tour. I uhm'd and ah'd about whether to fly to make it shorter but they all seemed to be to the West Rim, so opted for a highly rated coach one - yes it means leaving the hotel at 6am and not getting back until about 9pm, but it was £60! Booked it for the penultimate day, so next day I can have an easy morning before heading to the airport to go home.

Back
Top Bottom