Verifying DMI Pool .....and then disc read error!

Associate
Hello, i am having a problem with one of my pc's on boot up, it says verifying DMI Pool and then it says disk read error!

I have done fix boot and fix mbr in the recovery console for windows but they did not work. Also i tried check disk but it just said unrecoverable corruption!

So does anyone know how to fix this?
Is my hdd no longer useable or is it fixable?

thx in advance for any replies.

Soldato
Are you overclocking at all - that's what can sometimes happen if you push the clocks too far. If not, maybe try booting into the Windows setup CD and trying a repair or, as a last resort, a complete reformat.

Maybe somebody else will have some other suggestions...

Soldato
Be absolutely sure your HDD data lead is PROPERLY secured. I had a NO BOOT DISK error not long ago when I put my HDD back in. Basically I hadn't plugged the lead back in properly even though the HDD was seen in the BIOS.

Also, if you have overclocked [an AMD] and if you have a reference clock over 250 and you use SATA, sometimes SATA sockets act strangely. Usually fixed by going to socket 3 or 4. This is true of DFI boards but may be the same for others too.

For us to help you properly without guessing we need to know your full spec and what type of HDD you have [SATA or PATA].

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom