• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Vertical line through middle of screen

Associate
Hey guys,

I recently bought an Alienware AW3423DWF (awesome monitor btw!) and am seeing a vertical line down the middle of the screen, but only with my PC and on any interface.

It mostly visible on grey or lighter images when gaming, but is visible during general desktop use with similar colours too (sublime notepad for example).

To rule out the monitor panel being the issue I have tried a different DP cable, different interfaces, but ultimately it seems to be something associated with my PC itself. I have the PC connected to DP1 and a laptop on DP2. The laptop does not have the issue regardless of the port that it's on. I haven't tried the HDMI port because I have a Playstation connected there (and will remain there).

I've tried updating the graphics card drivers, downgrading to older drivers from last year, adjusting the refresh rate of the monitor (in case is was something freesync related), but still the issue remains.

There is a self diagnostic mode on the monitor that appears to filter through numerous colours (starting with grey where in game or desktop I see the issue most), but there are no abnormalities that I can see so it does not appear to be burn-in.

I'm thinking this is something graphics card/drivers related, so just curious if anyone here had any suggestions as to what this could be please? PC spec is below just in case it's of any use:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (stock, no OC)
Crucial Ballistix 16Gb @ 3200Mhz
Gigabyte Eagle OC 3060Ti
Gigabyte Auros Pro B450 Wifi ITX
Corsair SF750 PSU
Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M2 NVME

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help, guys! It appears that since I original researched the issue there were new reports of it and thanks to Skeeter, it's now sorted :D

It was the Dark Stabilizer setting. I have changed it to 0, but simply just changing the setting from the original setting of 1 to something else and then back to 1 sorted it too. So I guess like has been mentioned it's probably temporary, but I'm cool with that as it's at least a way to sort it out.

Thanks again guys. I had been looking in to for ages and 1 day after a post here it's sorted lol. Good old OCuk forums!

There is a firmware update, but it doesn't seem to be for multiple issue fixes. Seems it's for HDR only; but hopefully there will be additional ones to sort stuff like this. Thankfully the updateable firmware is a great feature on this screen! But yea, these kinda screens do suffer with weird issues :)

Back
Top Bottom