Very new to PHP - Trying to get a app to work with Xampp.

Soldato
Hey guys.

I am trying to get a filemanager to work with xampp locally before i put it on the intranet but i have never done this thing before and struggling.

I have:

Installed Xampp and got Apache running.
Downloaded Responsive File manager and moved it into the HTdocs folder.

Then thats it really.

How do i navigate to see if its working? tried http://127.0.0.1/filemanager etc not working. I'm guessing its something really simple that im missing here?

Thanks.

Soldato
You will need to read the documentation, usually there is an install.php or config.php where you change some settings.

Soldato
Apologies - was at work and didn't actually read the link to the software. However:

Open filemanager/config/config.php and edit the settings (read config.php parameters setting paragraph). Save file.
Subscribe to Aviary.com to get a free app key (NB the free account limits the export of images to a maximum of 800x800 pixels)
NB Aviary Editor only works online; it won't work on localhost!!

Have you changed the permissions as per the website, and also changed the permissions in config.php and potentially get an app key - I haven't really look into if this is needed, as I have never used this software. It also mentions something that doesn't work on a localhost environment so be wary of that too.

Back
Top Bottom