Vidahost price has more than doubled - Time to move?

Commissario
I've just had notification from Vidahost that my package with them will more than double come the next invoice. Luckily I've only recently renewed so I have nearly two years to find an alternative. I've also just heard Godaddy linked to Vida so it really is time to make a move. Shame really.

I've got one main domain and eleven others hosted, most of which are just a single page or two but the main site is Wordpress with nearly 400 posts over six years. I've got about a Gb of data (this will only increase) and am currently using around 20Gb per month bandwidth.

How easy is it to move something like this and are there any recomendations of where to go?

Commissario
OP
I'm technically on a Starter Plan which will be increasing from £29 biennially to £69.60 but I do have more than a Starter Plan is supposed to have. I use a minimum of 20Gb out of my allowed 25gb of bandwidth a month and that's been slowly growing over the years so I suppose at some point they may ask me to increase my package.

I've been with them since July 2009 when I was using just 20-30Mb/month!

Commissario
OP
Yup, you did. That's how I got more than I was supposed to have ;)

I suppose that even the renewal price is decent for what I've actually got. It's just irksome that it's going to more than double.

Commissario
OP
Their customer service used to be superb but it's utter rubbish now. I logged a simple ticket at 10:20 this morning to add a new domain which I've just bought onto my cpanel. This would have been dealt with in minutes before but I've not even had a response yet.

Commissario
OP
Interestingly, I needed an updated version of PHP - I logged a ticket, got a response very quickly, in good English telling me that I'd have to be migrated onto a different server. I agreed to this and it was all completed within a day.
Considering my original request was made on Sunday, I was quite impressed. It's a better response than I've had from any other recent tickets I've logged with their support department which have taken days to even get a reply.

Back
Top Bottom