Vidars first go at Water Cooling...

Soldato
So I've never done one of these project log thingies before, but after a couple of years of indecision I've finally gone and pulled the trigger on a tonne of gear. I totally blame @Space Monkey for this by giving me a really good deal on a load of fittings and then being a total gent and answering all my stupid questions! And anyone else who's given me some water cooling advice.

20200229-154950-1.jpg

So this is my baby currently, forgive the dust I am overdue some maintenance! She looks a lot nicer in person, I promise.

The Specs are:

9900k @ 5GHz
32Gb 3200Mhz Aorus Ram
Z390 Aorus Master
Gigabyte 1080ti OC Black
Be Quiet! Silent Loop 360mm
3 120mm Silent Wing 3's High Speed PWM fans
3 140mm Silent Wing 3's High Speed PWM fans
Seasonic 750w Focus Gold PSU
Phanteks P600s in Grey.

The main reasons for this project are mainly that the Silent loop struggles to keep my temperatures under control, it constantly gets air locked and I've always fancied doing this and have way too much time on my hands being housebound!

So anyone who knows me, knows I don't do anything by halves, including breaking my leg. so I've gone big!

So thanks to Space Monkey, I got a load of fittings.

Lots of Water Cooling Fittings (for soft tubing):
15 x Barrow G1/4" Matte Black 3/8 ID x 5/8 OD Compression Fitting
7 x Barrow G1/4" Matte Black 45 Degree Rotary Adapter
6 x Barrow G1/4" Matte Black 90 Degree Rotary Adapter
19 x Monsoon MMRS Premium G1/4" Plug - Matte Black
1 x Phanteks Glacier Release Valve Fitting - Black
1 x Barrow G1/4" Matte Black T Adapter 3 Way
1 x Barrow G1/4" Matte Black Rotary Cuboid T (3 way) Fitting Adapter
1 x Bitspower G1/4" Stop Plug - Gunmetal
1 x XSPC 10mm M+M Adaptor - Gunmetal
1 x XSPC 5mm M+M Adaptor - Silver

Plus a load of extras like some tubing, cutters, psu jumper etc

@Awahwah Supplied me with a really good deal on a used EK Supremacy CPU block, Though I'm already tempted to swap this out for something new.

And this is where I descended in to absolute madness! And after plugging Space Monkey for as much advice as I could I ended up with the following being ordered.

I couldn't get them from Ocuk I went to a competitor for the first time in as long as I can remember and got myself 1 x Black Ice Nemesis 360mm GTS & 1 x Black Ice Nemesis 360mm GTR

Ocuk got the rest of my order as per usual...

My basket at [url=https://www.overclockers.co.uk]Overclockers UK:
Total: £273.61 (includes shipping: £0.00)​
[/URL]

Obviously the most important items on the list being the XL Mug and the additional Sata cables cause that white one gets me so triggered every time I look at it.

The plan is to add the GPU to the loop, hence the two rads now. With new cards on the Horizon though I'm just not sure if I'm going to upgrade once released (I probably will) or track down a chinese full block for my awkward 1080ti and stick with that for the time being.

Hopefully all my gear gets here either Monday or Tuesday and I can get cracking!

If there's anything you think I've missed, other than the plot, or want to give me advice on the best way to set up my loop please do... I'd really appreciate it.

Will update with more pictures etc once things arrive.

Soldato
OP
Just the bog standard 2 ports at one end, think the multi port one was sold out...

Oh no... I'll be taking no more expensive suggestions from you lot, least until next month :p my missus has already referred to tonights purchases as a *** repellent! lol :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Really not sure what to do over the GPU, track down a block for it and get it in the loop now, costing me around £100 more probably, well more cause I'll want it with a vertical bracket if I'm doing that... or wait for the 3000 series gpu's and decide then.

Soldato
Think my phanteks vertical cable
Was £30
Only needed the cable for luxe 2~719
Not the bracket as well
Yeah that's where the quick disconnects come in useful if
Adding a gpu block later for example
You can do it without draining the
Loop down
You would want 3 sets of male/female
Once gpu is in the loop too

Associate
Really not sure what to do over the GPU, track down a block for it and get it in the loop now, costing me around £100 more probably, well more cause I'll want it with a vertical bracket if I'm doing that... or wait for the 3000 series gpu's and decide then.

Don't do anything with it if you are planning to upgrade in a couple of months. Also, use the CPU block from me, see what's what and when you upgrade your GPU you can decide then if you want new shiny CPU block as you will need to drain the loop to fit the GPU.

Looking forward to seeing the build progress and Space Monkey has lots to answer for...you know Spacey you know.

Edit subbed to the thread.

Back
Top Bottom