Video Editing Laptop with Thunderbolt 3

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for a laptop that will be used for video editing but i want it to have a thunderbolt 3 port. i will be using Adobe Premier pro, Adobe Audition and lightroom. i may possible also use it to stream live to YouTube.

I have been looking around and set my specs at: Intel i7, 16GB RAM (although 8 would do), dedicated graphics card, full HD screen.

I have been looking at the dell laptops but they all seem to be expensive when you add a thunderbolt 3 port. Anyone use a Asus Zenbook pro? It states on the website that it has onboard memory does this mean it can't this be changed?

I am open to suggestions to other makes as i haven't made my decision yet, my budget is about £1200.

I have also noticed the US market seems to be a lot cheaper for the same spec or better spec machines from the same manufacturers. is this worth considering?

Thanks in Advance.

Man of Honour
Hi,

I'm looking for a laptop that will be used for video editing but i want it to have a thunderbolt 3 port. i will be using Adobe Premier pro, Adobe Audition and lightroom. i may possible also use it to stream live to YouTube.

I have been looking around and set my specs at: Intel i7, 16GB RAM (although 8 would do), dedicated graphics card, full HD screen.

I have been looking at the dell laptops but they all seem to be expensive when you add a thunderbolt 3 port. Anyone use a Asus Zenbook pro? It states on the website that it has onboard memory does this mean it can't this be changed?

I am open to suggestions to other makes as i haven't made my decision yet, my budget is about £1200.

I have also noticed the US market seems to be a lot cheaper for the same spec or better spec machines from the same manufacturers. is this worth considering?

Thanks in Advance.

Might be able to pull off a hp spectre x360 in that price range, meets all of the requirements very nicely at the higher end! My one has a kaby lake 8705G, with Vega M GL 4gb, a pair of thunderbolt ports and really nice screen, chassis etc. If you can't stretch to the spectre then there is also an envy that has the same spec and can be had for around 1k.

Associate
OP
Might be able to pull off a hp spectre x360 in that price range, meets all of the requirements very nicely at the higher end! My one has a kaby lake 8705G, with Vega M GL 4gb, a pair of thunderbolt ports and really nice screen, chassis etc. If you can't stretch to the spectre then there is also an envy that has the same spec and can be had for around 1k.

Cheers Vince,

I'll have a look at the HP Range and see what they have

Man of Honour
Cheers Vince,

I'll have a look at the HP Range and see what they have

Well worth a look, the new HP g5 and spectre ranges are a decent step up from what came before, make sure it is a G5 and the 2018 spectre though as there are major differences in aesthetics and build. The model on my one is 15-ch005na depending on spec this ranges from around £1300 to around 2k so might be out of the price range unless you go on the 13, if you don't want the whole convertible, touchscreen with pen then of course the price comes down and the envy is probably where you want to be. If you struggle to find the envy elitebook I can dig out an email with model details in :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've just bought his for £981inc :)

Dell G3 17 - 3779 Gaming Laptop

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8750H (6 Core, 2.2GHz, 9MB Cache, 45W)

Windows 10 Home (64bit)

16GB (2x8GB) 2666 MHz DDR4 Memory Non-ECC

2 TB 2.5inch SATA Drive (5400 RPM)

256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics with 6GB GDDR5 vRAM

Software- Windows 10 Home

Intel Wireless 9462AC 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth

LCD Back Cover Non-Touch - Black (With Type C Thunderbolt)

Palmrest with Finger Print Reader - Black

Primary 4-cell 56W/HR Integrated Battery

17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

Internal UK/Irish Backlit Keyboard

Caporegime
Easyrider,

Where did you get it from?

Thanks

Dell is a brand so I hope im not breaking rules (Mods delete if so)

I got onto Dell chat last week...Then told them the spec I wanted with the 15% off code. This morning a Dell sales rep emailed me saying he had sourced one G3 17 with above spec

at £981 inc Vat and delivery. The wait time was 10 days...( I think its a pre Black friday sales deal) anyway way chuffed...Its listed at £1399 on their site. :D

Associate
OP
Dell is a brand so I hope im not breaking rules (Mods delete if so)

I got onto Dell chat last week...Then told them the spec I wanted with the 15% off code. This morning a Dell sales rep emailed me saying he had sourced one G3 17 with above spec

at £981 inc Vat and delivery. The wait time was 10 days...( I think its a pre Black friday sales deal) anyway way chuffed...Its listed at £1399 on their site. :D
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom