video game console input USB/PCi card?

Associate
hello!

bit of an obscure title, possibly. Anyway, I was wondering if there is a USB plug in thing or a pci card which would allow me to plug my old consoles like my SNES and Saturn into my pc and play them on my monitor.

I'd like it to have scart, s-video and RF input if possible but I don't know if there's anything apart from analogue tv cards (and i don't know if they would be suitable either). I have a Leadtek winfast DTV1000 which is a digital card but i don't think that's of much use.

thanks.

Use a VIVO capable videocard? I can hook up devices to my X800XL without too much trouble, and I have a simple converter device for audio input to my soundcard.

sr4470 said:
Use a VIVO capable videocard? I can hook up devices to my X800XL without too much trouble, and I have a simple converter device for audio input to my soundcard.
what software do you use and what audio coverting device are u using

bbreezeuk said:
what software do you use and what audio coverting device are u using

Intervideo WinDVR3.

By the way, this also requires a SCART cable. The scart goes to the console, and outputs L+R audio and video in a box bit on the side. Video goes straight to VIVO card of course. You can buy phono cables that merge into a 3.5mm jack, this goes from the L+R scart outputs to the line-in on the soundcard.

some nice ideas. thanks.

I especially like the vga box idea. However, I currently have DVI to DVI from my graphics card to my monitor and wouldn't want to sacrifice it for this purpose.

However, my monitor also has a vga in so could I use a vga box without hooking up to my PC at all? if i were running my pc and the vga box, which would take priority?

alucks said:
some nice ideas. thanks.

I especially like the vga box idea. However, I currently have DVI to DVI from my graphics card to my monitor and wouldn't want to sacrifice it for this purpose.

However, my monitor also has a vga in so could I use a vga box without hooking up to my PC at all? if i were running my pc and the vga box, which would take priority?

Not sure on that, depends on the specific monitor.

Back
Top Bottom