Video Game Hates

Soldato
Wanted to Share a list of video games Hates to see if its just a me thing or a community thing

• no option for performance / graphic mode
  • No real gameplay taking you out of the game every second (you walk cutscene, you walk more cutscene)
    • examples
      • Tomb raider (its an adventure/action game so less torable here)
      • Last of us - to an extent but its done well & is a story game so less annoying
  • Micro transactions in general
  • Quick time Events
    • special those that makes you repeat button presses R2/L2 without accessibility changes to help.
      • examples
      • Tomb Raider you have to mash R2/L2 to climb (in the first?) I cannot do that with my disablity
  • you walk/run so slow its painful
    • Examples
      • Hell blade 1 & 2 ( I get it in this game its almost part of the story but its too slow)
  • tutorial areas
    • this is a hard one as some games do it well, but those that waste too much time teaching you
      • examples
      • Gears of war 5 - waste an hour learning nothing
      • Witcher 3 - decent example
  • more cinematic than gameplay
  • Non skippable cutscenes
  • Multiple versions of games with season pass or dlc

I bring these up as I'm playing Hellblade 2, whilst I enjoyed the first, the second so far feels like a struggle to play
  • slow movement ( 8 hour game is really 4 hours if you walked normally :lol:)
  • everything is so blurry you don't see any real detail unless its a face
  • audio is great
  • combat feels great, but its bunch of QTE like event that feel decent but want to be have more choice
    • its block block attack, then its block block evade, attack - repeated for entire "boss" fight
  • the puzzles are black, so far not as much but with slow walking its painful as hell

ps happy to add other peoples hates if they want to get it added to the list

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom