Viewing Area. Would I see an improvement...?

Soldato
... if I moved from my 19" TFT to the Dell 20" Widescreen TFT?

After reading numerous threads on just how good the Dell screen is with regards to colour, viewing angles and functionality, I still find myself reluctant to even consider buying one due to the fact it doesn't seem like that much of a leap forward in screen size.

Surely my 19" TFT is "just as good" because it'll be slightly taller, but the Dell will be slightly wider? Would I notice a difference is the key question? :confused:

1280 x 1024
vs
1680 x 1050

I need to consider a new screen because I have developed a dead pixel on the right hand side of my Viewsonic VX910 TFT sadly. It's had a good run! :(

The temptation to buy the cheaper priced 22" TN screens is there, but the pixel size and poor viewing angles always reminds me that even though the more expensive screen is smaller by 2", it will deliver a better picture.

SIGH! GIVE ME GUIDANCE PLEASE! :p

Dell - yay or nay?

Soldato
I think stuff that supports widescreen (ie widescreen movies and games with widescreen support) will be better on the 2007WFP and stuff that's in 4:3 or 5:4 will be worse. Widescreen is very nice in games when supported.

One dead pixel doesn't seem like much of a reason to upgrade though, since you could end up with a dead pixel on whatever screen you buy.

Soldato
OP
Many thanks for the helpful replies. :)

I think I may strongly go for a Dell, when I have the funds. I know one pixel isn't much (but hey any excuse right! :p) but it's just really really annoying. I'm sure it waves at me when I'm not looking just to be cheeky. :D

Darn you pixel!

It's nice to see that those that have moved have noticed an improvement in size / dektop space.

Thanks again.

Caporegime
You will see a big increase in the desktop area width wise.

You loose a bit of heigh, but as your eyes are widescreen it works a lot better, and you dont really feel any loss in height.

Back
Top Bottom