Views on Briefcases - Meeting

Caporegime
Is it OTT to arrive with a briefcase with all my work etc in it

Just re-read this. What does the above mean? What 'work'? As much as I hate to admit it, groen might be correct if you're talking about things best discussed on a laptop. If you're talking about papers then the briefcase is fine.

You still haven't said what an executive head chef is or does.

Associate
7hvp.jpg

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;21672986 said:
Just re-read this. What does the above mean? What 'work'? As much as I hate to admit it, groen might be correct if you're talking about things best discussed on a laptop. If you're talking about papers then the briefcase is fine.

You still haven't said what an executive head chef is or does.

Taken from wiki executive chef

This person is in charge of all things related to the kitchen which usually includes menu creation; management of kitchen staff; ordering and purchasing of inventory; and plating design. Chef de cuisine is the traditional French term from which the English word chef is derived. Head chef is often used to designate someone with the same duties as an executive chef, but there is usually someone in charge of them, possibly making the larger executive decisions such as direction of menu, final authority in staff management decisions, etc. This is often the case for chefs with several

Soldato
Taken from wiki executive chef

This person is in charge of all things related to the kitchen which usually includes menu creation; management of kitchen staff; ordering and purchasing of inventory; and plating design. Chef de cuisine is the traditional French term from which the English word chef is derived. Head chef is often used to designate someone with the same duties as an executive chef, but there is usually someone in charge of them, possibly making the larger executive decisions such as direction of menu, final authority in staff management decisions, etc. This is often the case for chefs with several

Anything BUT cooking? Okay.

A briefcase seems made for this situation, or is that what you take on hoilday, nope, thats a suitcase.

Caporegime
A briefcase? Sure why not. Is it a very formal meeting?

Personally, don't see a problem with a very smart messenger bag and a neat, organised folder with the paper work inside.

Soldato
Omg. I just understood the nomenclature behind "briefcase" and "suitcase". Briefcase is for small things (briefs) and suitcase is for big things (suits)! Suits take up more room than briefs which is why suitcases are bigger than briefcases!

Caporegime
Omg. I just understood the nomenclature behind "briefcase" and "suitcase". Briefcase is for small things (briefs) and suitcase is for big things (suits)! Suits take up more room than briefs which is why suitcases are bigger than briefcases!

Um.

Put all of the paperwork in a saucepan

I hate to say DO THIS! but DO THIS!

Soldato
I don't know anyone that uses briefcases these days. When I go into a meeting I take a leather folder with all my notes, literature and business cards, don't need anything more than that.

Plus, it'd look pretty silly bringing in a big briefcase and only pulling out a notepad and pen

Back
Top Bottom