Viewsonic RMA Same or better?

Soldato
Hi there, Just had my RMA request accepted and they dont have my monitor in stock (Viewsonic VX924 19inch) and so they have offered me the VX922 instead. I know it has roughly the same spec but surely that is a step backwards...i remember when i paid £300 for my 924 that the 922 was cheaper and i think they are trying to give me a lower model regardless of spec :confused:

Anyone care to shed some light on this situation? can i argue the toss?

Soldato
I always thought they had to offer at least the same product or newer,i certainly would'nt be happy with a step backwards either mate :(

No doubt someone else will be able to clarify this though

Man of Honour
Soldato
This is just from memory so I may be wrong, but, I seem to remember the VX924 getting some bad reviews regarding it's colour accuracy when it first appeared, and then Viewsonic quickly bringing out the VX922 to replace it, and the reviews saying the VX922 didn't have the colour problems of the VX924.

They're both fast TN with the same stand and both have DVI. The VX922 is a smidgen quicker too, plus it has a better contrast ratio. Sounds like a good result really.

Associate
Booner! said:
Hi there, Just had my RMA request accepted and they dont have my monitor in stock (Viewsonic VX924 19inch) and so they have offered me the VX922 instead. I know it has roughly the same spec but surely that is a step backwards...i remember when i paid £300 for my 924 that the 922 was cheaper and i think they are trying to give me a lower model regardless of spec :confused:

Anyone care to shed some light on this situation? can i argue the toss?

Your lucky m8, they sent me two refurbished units!
And both died in style in less than a week. Not to mention they had poor lives in the hands of there previous owners. :rolleyes:
But i said enough was enough, And told them a new moniter was the only thing that i would accept. ie, they could send me another refurb, But i would refuse to sign for it, whenever it would be deliverd.
After a week they sent me a a brand new one, But even it has a small defect, nothing majour.
Still on the look for there replacements, the 20" Dell widescreen looks tempting, but too expensive atm. :(
VIPER.

Soldato
OP
Ok i will accept the 922 then, i dont really care i just want to sell it new. I have bought a dell 2007wfp since it broke so i will have a spare brand new VX922 which will be up for grabs!

Back
Top Bottom