Viewsonic RMA service, any good?

Soldato
My Viewsonic 19inch VX910 just packed in lasted 2 years glad I got 3 years warranty on it.... have sent them an email on Saturday night, how long do they roughly take to swop over the TFT ?

Possible they give another model instead? :)

Anyone got any experiences or ideas id be greatful to hear, cheers

Soldato
I had coruier swap out within 24hours when I ahd trouible with my 924, although it was less then a week old.

They did swap me a completely new unit, but I am sure you will likely get a refurb.
I can't rem what company they use, but its 3rd party UK based.

Associate
When Viewsonic swap out my monitor VP171, took them over 6 weeks!!.

In the end I was given a better model 19" few months old, problem was that my screen was to old, could not find a like for like replacement (for age).

Simon

Soldato
OP
I got no email so after 3 nights I figured id phone em, phoned them this afternoon and after a minute the guy took my details and serial number and purchase date down... and then he asked me whats the issue and I gave him a diagnostic report, told him ive tried 4 different VGA cables on 3 different PCs and one DVI cable and 2 kettle power cables...

He didnt ask anything else after that lol

Said the TFTs in stock and will arrive on Fri :) but sadly they had it in stock so will replace with same unit...

Soldato
OP
Got my replacement unit today, so good service from Viewsonic overall, they didnt ask for the reciept or anything just the purchase date and retailor place.

Bad news is the TFT they sent is a Refurbished unit which im not fussed but sadly the DVI output is dead.... works fine on VGA.

Since I cant tell the difference im willing for that "meh" approach and will keep it since this unit hasnt got the black banding issue on my old one, zero dead pixels too.

Id give Viewsonics RMA service 7/10 since they didnt check the replacement product was 100% before shipping.

Back
Top Bottom