Vinyl Wrap

Soldato
Hi guys,

Has anyone on here had a vinyl wrap on there car at all?

If so could you post some pics and to why you did it etc. I'm pretty intrigued at the moment so I'd like to see why other people have done so.

Thanks!

a mugen supercharger would be a better idea

A supercharger is nigh on 6K mate, a vinyl wrap is a grand or less. I don't see the comparison!

Thanks for the input guys, I'm hankering after a burnt orange/imola orange similar to what my 350z on the CRZ.

Gloss not matte, I think matte looks a little tacky, sorry guys :p

Similar to this

7398908842_147f6b4b25.jpg

honda-cr-z-mugen-.jpg

Isnt orange one of the available crz colours anyway? I guess finding one in orange with the mugen kit would be harder, and buying an orange one and then adding the mugen bits would be expensive compared to a wrap!

I reckon some nice wheels and subtle lowering would be better than a wrap though, unless you must have ginger :p

only in japan mate. JDM exclusive colour. The only orange one in the UK is that exact mugen car.

I've been quoted £700 inc so far which seems reasonable.

Why would anyone bother with that? Just rip out the tree hugger nonsense and put in a K20A for under 2k.

Defeats the point of the car though.

With a K20 you have to replace the gearbox too.

Supercharging the CRZ engine is part of tuning the car, just swapping it out and binning off the whole hybrid system (arguably the reason why you would buy the car) is a bit silly.

A supercharged CRZ will have a very linear power delivery as opposed to a K20 which being a classic vtec will have the majority of the power in the top end.

Also the thought of a 2 year old car with an engine from something most likely at least 5 years old is not ideal.

Engine swaps in my eyes are for cars that are far past warranty and have lost most of their value.

The hybrid system in the CRZ works primarily for performance as opposed to economy, the economy factor is just a bonus of it's operation.

If you go for it, try and avoid apa vinyl. Loads of wrappers have issues with there adhesion properties being crap. The last thing you want is for any parts to lift.

Have they told you what make of film they will be using? Some people never bother asking

Ah didn't know that. Will double check now.

Each to their own, nothing is sacred to me though, no qualms with ripping stuff out :p

If it wasn't a car I had to drive everyday e.g. a track toy etc then maybe I would be more inclined to do so but then again I wouldn't of bought a CRZ on that premise.

Also does anyone know insurance companies stance on this. It isn't a permanent colour change but it is a modification to a degree?

Most films are semi permanent, so you might be able to dodge that bullet.

I'm just wondering what the legal stance of this is. I don't mind declaring it to insurance at all but I'm not sure if it is even required to do so?

may be pulled by the police if they see its supposed to be one colour but is another,

but thats less likely then when you werent pulled in the supra for not running a front plate

True dat

Newish CRZ..........Wrap and possible supercharger.

I thought you were older than 17 :p

Why not just spend the money on a nice Type-R, say an FD2 or just buy a cheaper FN2 (no actualy don't do that), EP3 or even come join us DC2 fanbois.

Spending nearly thousands on an already nice coloured CRZ and trying to supercharge an averagly powered hatchback just screams 'WTF waste of money' to me in bucketfulls.

Because the CRZ is far more unique and arguable the better handling car when pitted against a FN2.

Plus fuel economy is virtually unchanged, I know it sounds derp to spend £££ to save £££ but it's a plus point regardless.

DC2 is old and not a comparison really, same goes for EP3 and DC5. FD2 is nice but lol insurance and price of the thing is mental really. £15K for a 5 year old Civic type R? You would have to be hard pushed not to buy a newer S2000 for that.

Anyway I'm digressing here!

My Abarth has a carbon effect vinyl wrap on the roof which was put there by the previous owner. He originally had it put on as his driveway was under a tree which regularly had bird in it so it helped protect the paint from droppings. I left it on when I got the car as it suited it quite well and it was a bit different. I can get some photos of it if you are interested?

Yes please mate!

Any more vinyl wraps guys?

Back
Top Bottom