Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Snap.

Did Vodafone gives you mesh WiFi setup with that?

Also did you have the option of Community Fibre directly?
uc
Nice deal :)

Is community fibre the same as city fibre?

I think I could have had a package with included boosters, but not at £30 a month or 900mb I don't think.

Very happy with the xe75 deco's I bought though.

£25 pm for my 125 connection seems expensive now. End of contract in July and letter says £7 increase, but need to re-read to determine when from.

I wasn’t planning on staying, back to Vodafone, however thinking of Volt packages maybe. I looked at them, but they raise my 125 costs too.

Have asked a family member re friends and family discounts.

O2 coverage looks poor compared to Vodafone too.

Just had my price increase email today, £15 a month more taking my package from £76 to £91 a month. That’s for 1gig BB, talk weekends and a TV package which I don’t use fully (can get away with TV aerial to be honest).

The email says I can cancel but at the moment the best BT can offer in my area is 30Mb so virgin have a monopoly in my area.

Do I have to threaten to cancel to get a better deal?

The package is in my wifes name but the DD comes out my account, can I quit VM and resign in my name? Should they play hardball.

If someone can DM me please to advise thanks.

Reactions: R3X
virgin called me today, infact they've been trying to call me a week but i've been ignoring them.

Anywho, told them what Vodafone was offering me for £38 and if they could match it. All they could do was £49 for 500mb line plus tv and phone line package.. told them i don't use the TV package or phone line anymore but they insisted i keep what i have for the better deal. I just laughed and said look Vodafone is offering this, either best it or im gone. She basically just said okay i understand, thank you for your time :cry:. They literally do not care LOL!

I've heard vodafone isn't that great around my area so im looking at BT options instead when my contract ends. Not had the price increase email yet either.

virgin called me today, infact they've been trying to call me a week but i've been ignoring them.

Anywho, told them what Vodafone was offering me for £38 and if they could match it. All they could do was £49 for 500mb line plus tv and phone line package.. told them i don't use the TV package or phone line anymore but they insisted i keep what i have for the better deal. I just laughed and said look Vodafone is offering this, either best it or im gone. She basically just said okay i understand, thank you for your time :cry:. They literally do not care LOL!

I've heard vodafone isn't that great around my area so im looking at BT options instead when my contract ends. Not had the price increase email yet either.
That’s what i’m fearing they will say to me again as there is literally no other BB provider offering decent speeds in my area (LE11), Cityfiber say they are coming but when who knows.

Let us know if you get another phone call soon :)

Having a quick look through the last few pages, i am guessing the VM's network is still hit and miss?

VM are the only way i can get FTTP, but i was on their 100mb service before, and i felt that BT's 65mb service was actually better, so much so that as soon as my 12 month contract was up i left VM and went back to BT.

But as i am also an O2 customer, VM is tempting with the Volt add on.

My BT contract is up in 2 weeks and i am dithering whether to stay with them or go back to VM (but something is telling me not to go near VM)

I'm currently on volt which includes an o2 sim . I get two separate Bill's, one from virgin and one from o2. I still have about 7 months left on an 18 month contract but I'm just wondering, if o2 put my price up can I just cancel it but still continue with virgin? Also I haven't had anything yet to say virgin are increasing my package price so obviously can't negotiate a better price.
My daughter currently has the o2 unlimited sim and uses about 2 GB a month so I can get her a way better deal for less than £10 and do away with their £27.92 a month.
Thanks guys
Anyone any ideas? I still haven't received an email saying it will go up. Seriously thinking about just getting an internet deal only and not having TV or phone line.
Could just cancel the lot and sign up in my wife's name for 350.

Had the price increase email yesterday, (26% increase from £27 to £34 :eek:) - after a call involving a few insulting offers (initially they offered £1 discount :rolleyes:) I managed to get a £7 discount until the end of my contract, with no new minimum term, so my next 2 months will be £20, and then back up to £27 until July. So I'm now paying less overall :confused: What a massive waste of everyone's time. They wouldn't entertain allowing a "valued long-term customer" such as myself to get a new customer offer, so back to playing the "I'm cancelling, but I'm not really cancelling" dance in 4 months. :mad:

Openreach are still no good with their estimated installation date of "at some point before December 2026", so my only other option is ADSL at ~50MB :(

Had my price increase email.
Tried calling them. Had an auto discount offered for £3.50 which i declined. Then had a rep offering me £35 for m600, raising to £40 after the price increase??
I told them i could get vodafone 1 gig fibre for £45 plus a gift card, but he wouldn't budge and kept talking over me telling me vodafone would be worse, that virgin are the premium broadband provider bla bla bla. I told him to stop lying and being so aggressive and if they couldn't match the pricing, i'd be leaving and he started going on again that vodafone would be a worse service.
I argued that voda upload speeds would be better and they would have lower latency for gaming.. Eventually after about 15 minutes I managed to end the call and he said he would process my cancellation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Where we are there was no real alternative to VM so had to suck it and go with them for the last 5 years or so. Late last year Toob finally installed in my area as an alternative for only £25 a month for 900 down and up. Sadly, we had renewed with VM a month before Toob went live for another 18 months at £7 more per month than the previous 18 months we were paying, £60 -> £67 for phone, tv and M500.

Got the price increase email from VM last week and it was a £15 increase to £82! This is actually great because now I can go with Toob for £25 pm. Called VM up yesterday and best they could offer was going back to previous price so cancelled it and gone with Toob saving myself just over £500 per year.

I took the offer while back 135mb broadband + 02 sim 4gb £26 just got email from 02 about price increase I really didnt need the sim as I always find deals on 30 day sim only should have tried to get something better :( no FTTP in area so only Virgin can offer higher speeds Openreach Build planned between now and Dec-2026

EDIT just got email from Virgin about price increase does this give you the opportunity to cancel even in contract ?

Last edited:
Im on volt which includes an o2 sim, even though they look separate with 02 having its own log in got email from Virgin and 02 separately about price increase, I know even still in contract I can cancel or get better offer from virgin could I do the same with 02 ?

Back
Top Bottom