Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Morning all, the Virgin box at the edge of my drives cover has fallen off (To be fair it’s never been secure) it’s been propped up by me now, who or how do I contact Virgin regarding this? Thanks

dVcU6Em.jpg.png
ocUdkmV.jpg.png

I contacted Virgin about my price rise email that I received a week and a bit after re-contracting in January and they told me that the price rise will not apply to me. Mixed feelings on that one - kind of glad that I don't need to mess about, but at the same time I'd hoped to cancel it and go with FTTP anyway. Can't really justify doing that unless I can drop the speed right down to make the Virgin bill as cheap as possible since I still 'need' TV as well. Could still be worth it if I can get TV/slower Internet for £50 a month then Toob on top for £25 plus I get a 2nd connection as backup all for the same price as I'm paying now. Hmm. Well, that's if Virgin were telling the truth about the price rise not affecting me...

I contacted Virgin about my price rise email that I received a week and a bit after re-contracting in January and they told me that the price rise will not apply to me. Mixed feelings on that one - kind of glad that I don't need to mess about, but at the same time I'd hoped to cancel it and go with FTTP anyway. Can't really justify doing that unless I can drop the speed right down to make the Virgin bill as cheap as possible since I still 'need' TV as well. Could still be worth it if I can get TV/slower Internet for £50 a month then Toob on top for £25 plus I get a 2nd connection as backup all for the same price as I'm paying now. Hmm. Well, that's if Virgin were telling the truth about the price rise not affecting me...
I re contracted in January and haven’t had any email about a price rise (yet)

I wasn't best pleased when I got mine - it was 9 days after - re-contracted on Jan 23rd then £15 price rise email on Feb 1st. So hopefully the guy was telling the truth and it was somehow sent in error. Will find out in a couple of weeks on my next bill.

Mines going up by £9 which will make it £40 a month for the 200

Recontacted in October, I'm going to call them and cancel, BRSK now available in area and if I can use my mesh with router I'll be leaving VM for the first time in over a decade

Just spoke to the guy near my house laying lines. He is from community fibre :D

I asked how long and he said they are nearly done and it would be 2-3 months.

the-simpsons-excellent.gif

£27 for 900mb up and down from what I can see for a 24 month contract. Sounds good to me :D

• Love
Reactions: R3X
Just having a read of what people of getting and paying for. We are paying £64 for 250MB BB, Maxit TV and Talk weekends landline which never ever gets used. No phone to plugged in.
We recently got a letter to say they are going to be increasing the price by £15+- which I'm not happy about.

I think for £64 they can do much better.

What do you guys think is the best to do?

Yeah that's not good. Until January I was paying £66 for 500Mb Internet (upped to Gig1 with Volt), phone, maxit TV and the kids pack which is £6 on its own so your deal is not great. I'm paying £75 for the same thing now which I'm ok with but from what I gather people have managed to do better.

You need to call up saying you want to leave and see if they offer you any good deals. If they don't I'd actually play hard ball and go ahead with the cancellation. They will call you back offering better deals.

Last edited:
Just as a point of reference.. Nobody I spoke (3-4 people) from various departments (including retention) could offer me better than £58 for a new contract.. It wasnt until I disconnected and they rang me they came down to £46 for the same package.. So that gives you an idea. A 20% drop.

Just having a read of what people of getting and paying for. We are paying £64 for 250MB BB, Maxit TV and Talk weekends landline which never ever gets used. No phone to plugged in.
We recently got a letter to say they are going to be increasing the price by £15+- which I'm not happy about.

I think for £64 they can do much better.

What do you guys think is the best to do?

Without TV and phone some get it for £18. I am on £25 for it. With TV maybe another tenner on top? Your basically paying double.

Back
Top Bottom