Virgin Media Discussion Thread

I got excellent deals this shows how much virgin media are ripping us off they can discount your packages if you push them hard enough on WhatsApp..
https://ibb.co/fDbrRPj my 350mb broadband only account I did ask them to throw in Netflix they wouldn't budge

My sister in law account

Last edited:
The charge is because they are still providing a phone service, you then have a calling plan bundle on top of it. The numbers on a VM bill are essentially meaningless in terms of how they come together to make up the final number and any discount applied to that - you can probably remove the phone service from your package but it will increase the costs of other services and the total will end up somewhere close to where it was before.

Unless the entry on your bill explicitly says something like "provision of copper phone line into your house" then any time you want to put into this is time wasted.

Last time I looked into VM with or without the phone they were pricing it to be higher without the phone line even if I stated that the phone line would never be used.

In the near future we will all be forced into VOIP phones and I will bet that this has zero effect on the pricing.

Will new customers get this price rise as only took out this 18 month contract last month?

Wondering this too. I moved and started my contract back in October, and have yet to get the notice. My parents got theirs last month, and I've just seen an article in the local news that people are getting theirs too. Fingers crossed new customers are exempt, even if for a short while.

Yeah but just take that into account when negotiating a contract
Agreed but even so - I negotiated my current deal and happy with the price being paid (well as much as I can be). I've had a letter stating a £21.50 increase which I've no doubt when I ring over the weekend they'll take off in some way shape or form but at least this time round I'm in a position to do something about it....next time round though they can do what they like over the contract period with sod all that can be done.

Agreed but even so - I negotiated my current deal and happy with the price being paid (well as much as I can be). I've had a letter stating a £21.50 increase which I've no doubt when I ring over the weekend they'll take off in some way shape or form but at least this time round I'm in a position to do something about it....next time round though they can do what they like over the contract period with sod all that can be done.
I agree it's not good, but as I say it's just a potential additional cost to take into account,
My contract is up in September, I will be phoning in August, they can offer a price and I'll consider +20% or something from April, the sneaky bit is that they apply the increase to the none discounted package price which no one pays.

For instance I was recently quoted £57 and they gleefully highlighted the none discount price of £103, but that just allows the to put the £57 up by £14 to £71.
Clever and nasty trick which will catch most people out.
Something to look out for.

I got excellent deals this shows how much virgin media are ripping us off they can discount your packages if you push them hard enough on WhatsApp..
https://ibb.co/fDbrRPj my 350mb broadband only account I did ask them to throw in Netflix they wouldn't budge

My sister in law account
Your sister in law got a great deal how on earth did she manage that? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: R3X
Back
Top Bottom