Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Thanks beach, I did check the status checker for broadband which came up as green last I checked.

Ironically putting my postcode into the status checker yields a "Oops, something's broken. We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted."

Soldato
Got VM up and running in my new house, so nice to have direct access to the router, had the connection point moved from downstairs up into my bedroom so i can sit the router on my desk.

Soldato
so got back from dropping kid of to school and was greeted with no internet working today. ran the vm status checker that said it needs 10 mins to do something then restart your equipment. i didnt bother restarting since after 10 mins everything was working again.
done a speedtest and was shocked:
8327438395.png

my upload speed has increased considerably. used to get 21meg max upload. do you guys think if i power cycle the hub the download speed may go up too?

Soldato
so got back from dropping kid of to school and was greeted with no internet working today. ran the vm status checker that said it needs 10 mins to do something then restart your equipment. i didnt bother restarting since after 10 mins everything was working again.
done a speedtest and was shocked:
8327438395.png

my upload speed has increased considerably. used to get 21meg max upload. do you guys think if i power cycle the hub the download speed may go up too?
No it won't, users on the VIVID 350 package got their upload speed increased to 35Mbps a few weeks back. :)

Caporegime
Assume a number of people in here signed up to a e.g. £35pm for the first 12 months and then £50pm after? There any wiggle room or tips to not get bumped up after 12 months?

TCB still seems to be doing cashback (£120) so that will help :).

Soldato
Anyone having Netflix issues on VIrgin media tonight?, just won't connect saying Code:NW-2-5 which when I look up means cannot connect to the Netflix servers,yet my Internet is fine

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Back with Virgin after a very long time away. 200mb + the standard TV bundle for £34pm which doesn't seem too bad :) (no fees either).

That seems a pretty good deal. Do you also have home phone i ask? Im only wondering because landlines seem redundant these days so im wondering if there's a broadband only deal or broadband and TV.

Caporegime
That seems a pretty good deal. Do you also have home phone i ask? Im only wondering because landlines seem redundant these days so im wondering if there's a broadband only deal or broadband and TV.

Phone line is included but we're not using/activating. They also do this package with 100mb internet for £29pm. The 200mb internet only is usually £38pm. Our price will jump to £64 in 12 months so will leave or renegotiate. All of this was done through my fiance asking for her Virgin service to be cancelled as we're moving in together. And lastly - don't forget Topcashback are (or at least were so recently) cash back offers e.g. £120 for some packages.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Phone line is included but we're not using/activating. They also do this package with 100mb internet for £29pm. The 200mb internet only is usually £38pm. Our price will jump to £64 in 12 months so will leave or renegotiate. All of this was done through my fiance asking for her Virgin service to be cancelled as we're moving in together. And lastly - don't forget Topcashback are (or at least were so recently) cash back offers e.g. £120 for some packages.

Well ive been an existing member with Virgin for a while now, but as usual the prices have steadily gone up over the years and now i feel its too high (around £45 a month) for 100mb, tv and phone.

Thinking of getting rid of the TV as ive just purchased a new 4K TV, so will be switching to freeview as soon as I get an antenna (current virgin box doesnt even have many HD channels), and the landline hasnt been used properly in years.

Just wondering if i can upgrade internet to 200 while getting rid of the tv box and possibly save money on getting rid of the landline too?

Soldato
VIVID 200 hasn't been £38 for over a year, it's now £47 a month.

£37 a month gets you the VIVID 50 package.

A very poor offer structure really.

Associate
After a 12 hour outage yesterday at work, we need some sort of wifi backup to our Virgin service. Anyone know if there is anything that we can use? BT have something called 4G Assure which is a dongle that sits in the back of the router that automatically swithches over if the broadband goes down. Virgin do anything similar we can use?

Soldato
I've been on Vivid 200 for just over 2 years now, I'm paying £40. Seems to be less than if I got a new contract now, so I guess it's pretty good.

Do they still do free upgrades? Are they ever likely to move me up to 350? Or Could I call them an negotiate a deal on 350?

Soldato
I've been on Vivid 200 for just over 2 years now, I'm paying £40. Seems to be less than if I got a new contract now, so I guess it's pretty good.

Do they still do free upgrades? Are they ever likely to move me up to 350? Or Could I call them an negotiate a deal on 350?

I had the same a few weeks ago, I was out of contract on the 200 package and my price had crept up. I gave them a ring and they offered me 200 at a much lower price or 350 at a slightly lower price than I was paying so I went with the 350.

Back
Top Bottom