Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
the price for your initial contract period won't change, I had notification that mine is £8.50 but won't take effect until I am out of my discount period. (£79 ultimate ommpfh, £135 orginal full price)

All the companies have annual RPI + % type statements in their contracts these days and take that statement as a reason to rise prices annual, so price hikes seem unavoidable.
I got the same and can leave penalty free. Sadly in my area virgin has the fastest speeds :/ so not much use.

Soldato
Link your pod via Ethernet and you will see much better Wi-Fi speeds.

The pod also belongs to virginmedia not yourself, the pod is actually connected to your account so will be no good for anyone else.

I've got a BT Hub 6 upstairs in place of the pod and wifi is much better than even Virgin's own router can provide. If I put the pod in a bedroom and worked it wireless, would it be able to boost the wifi from the BT router? I'm assuming not?

Soldato
Just called VM and went to the "if you're thinking of leaving us" section, the automated message offered £9.50 off my bill for 6 months.

Associate
I've got a BT Hub 6 upstairs in place of the pod and wifi is much better than even Virgin's own router can provide. If I put the pod in a bedroom and worked it wireless, would it be able to boost the wifi from the BT router? I'm assuming not?

If you can connect the pod via ethernet and put it somewhere else in your house you will see speeds in excess of 580mb, I have hit 615 max on my Poco X3 though I never use wi-fi to download so those speeds are irrelevant to me, connecting via ethernet just gives me better coverage around the house.

Associate
What kind of price should I be paying for:

Maxit TV
M500 with SH3
Talk weekends
No sim

Currently paying £70 but bill going up to £75.75 in April. No alternative BB supplier in area, best BT can do is about 10Mb so VM have me over a barrel.

Shall I try the disconnection route and hope for a good deal?

Soldato
What kind of price should I be paying for:

Maxit TV
M500 with SH3
Talk weekends
No sim

Currently paying £70 but bill going up to £75.75 in April. No alternative BB supplier in area, best BT can do is about 10Mb so VM have me over a barrel.

Shall I try the disconnection route and hope for a good deal?

Yeah just call and tell them you're looking elsewhere because price is too much, retention team will offer a better deal.

Associate
Yeah just call and tell them you're looking elsewhere because price is too much, retention team will offer a better deal.

I just used the chat system and they quoted me £87 for 1gig BB upgrade and same TV/phone package or £94 with an o2 sim. Think i've got to try disconnections and play the disconnect game.

Soldato
I just used the chat system and they quoted me £87 for 1gig BB upgrade and same TV/phone package or £94 with an o2 sim. Think i've got to try disconnections and play the disconnect game.

Chat isn't authorised to offer you anything good, you need to call and tell them you're leaving.

Soldato
Same boat I'm in. BT have fibre in my town, but just not my estate which leads to a complete lack of competition if you want anything over 25mb.

Huh funny here its BT fibre at 35mb/s or nothing. Theres actually a Virgin cabinet they planted outside my window a year or more ago but theres no damn connection to it where its going lord only knows probably the houses down the street they don't seem to be interested in connecting up the flats around here talk about frustrating, everytime I look out the window its sitting there laughing at me.

Associate
I was paying £43 for Gig1 however they couldnt deliver the speed. Just left and went BT Full Fibre 900 £44 but £115 cashback and a year Xbox Ultimate. It was installed on Wed and is an improvement.

Associate
Hi all i recieved a Hub4 because my speed was upgraded to 1Gb due to Volt promotion all was well for the first week and i was getting a decent wifi signal over most of my house but now it isnt great and drops out every so often or i just lose the signal.Im just wondering wether its worth me investing in a router and run the hub in modem mode or just buy a couple of range extenders.We dont tend to download a lot on our phones etc mainly because the wifi is so inconsistentso that might change if the wifi improves.My max budget would probably be about £100.
And advice would be brilliant thank you

Soldato
Evening all

Anyone on VM seen this PS4 error code before?

CE-33729-4 My friends son can’t get on the PlayStation platform after they upgraded their hub yesterday?

Reading up looks like a blocked IP by Sony?

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom