Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I'd be surprised if you get Gig1 for under £50 - fingers crossed for you though

The last door to door bloke we had come round said excitedly that I could have 1Gig for £48 as a special introductory offer. I told him I'd stick with my 700Mbps+ unlimited 5G for £3 per month. He laughed, and said 'yeah right' so I asked him in did a speedtest infront of him, then showed him the bill. He noticed how fast the upload was, I said come back in 23 months and see what you can do then. :D

Soldato
Thanks for info, all noted. @GreatAuk how much are you paying for your M350 out of curiosity?

I’d be happy with £36pcm for M500! My area is supposedly getting Toob FTTP in the next 18 months so hopefully this will be last renewal with Virgin. I’ve been with them on and off for around 20 years.

Soldato
Thanks for info, all noted. @GreatAuk how much are you paying for your M350 out of curiosity?

I’d be happy with £36pcm for M500! My area is supposedly getting Toob FTTP in the next 18 months so hopefully this will be last renewal with Virgin. I’ve been with them on and off for around 20 years.
Yeah same, supposedly FTTP will be available round here within 12 months, so will be jumping ship when my contract ends.

I'm paying £29/month for the 350 (no phone or TV etc), having renewed last month. To start with they said the best they could do was £39, but they managed to find a 'loyal customer discount' down the back of the sofa to get that price (beating the new customer deal price of £32 which I had found and was asking them to match). That was all over the course of one phone call though, so never got as far as actually cancelling.

Soldato
Yeah same, supposedly FTTP will be available round here within 12 months, so will be jumping ship when my contract ends.

I'm paying £29/month for the 350 (no phone or TV etc), having renewed last month. To start with they said the best they could do was £39, but they managed to find a 'loyal customer discount' down the back of the sofa to get that price (beating the new customer deal price of £32 which I had found and was asking them to match).

interesting! Similar to the £38p they offered me. Will mention I know of the £29 a month and see if they bite. Hopefully they will call me before it disconnects. It’s been a week since I asked to cancel :rolleyes:

Soldato
So I rang VM the other night before prices go up, whilst on hold I was othered a £3.75 or something similar price reduction. Figured I'd accept that as I couldn't be bothered sitting around on hold and it would basically keep my monthly cost at the current rate. Currently paying £43. Get an emailing today confirming my discount has been applied and my new monthly rate is now £63! I guess I'll be ring them back tonight....:mad:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So I rang VM the other night before prices go up, whilst on hold I was othered a £3.75 or something similar price reduction. Figured I'd accept that as I couldn't be bothered sitting around on hold and it would basically keep my monthly cost at the current rate. Currently paying £43. Get an emailing today confirming my discount has been applied and my new monthly rate is now £63! I guess I'll be ring them back tonight....:mad:
Lol!!

Typical Virgin.

Soldato
Our deal just came to an end and was about to double in cost. Wife phoned to cancel and she told me a guy asked her why she wanted to leave. She said the price. He put her on hold and then came back a minute later and told it was all cancelled and will take effect in a month. Told us they will send boxes for the old stuff. No attempt at making another deal at all. Never had that before. I blame the wife.
So I've told her to listen out for a call back now. Chances of her picking up her phone when they call...probably 10% chance. What to do. Hmm.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Our deal just came to an end and was about to double in cost. Wife phoned to cancel and she told me a guy asked her why she wanted to leave. She said the price. He put her on hold and then came back a minute later and told it was all cancelled and will take effect in a month. Told us they will send boxes for the old stuff. No attempt at making another deal at all. Never had that before. I blame the wife.
So I've told her to listen out for a call back now. Chances of her picking up her phone when they call...probably 10% chance. What to do. Hmm.
Don't worry, you will get a call. I just cancel mine, they typically make me an offer that makes no sense so I say nah, go ahead and cancel. I get a call a few days or weeks later and magically they can now do good deals.

Soldato

Odd, I rang up earlier and was offered a deal straight away.
Was surprised actually as in the past I haven't been offered a deal until you get put through to the UK retentions team but this time I didn't need to do that. I haven't received the contract yet though so they might do what happened last time and put a completely different price on it :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will get some competition around here soon.

Soldato
Don't worry, you will get a call. I just cancel mine, they typically make me an offer that makes no sense so I say nah, go ahead and cancel. I get a call a few days or weeks later and magically they can now do good deals.

Do they typically call 9-5 to the mobile number listed on your account?

Soldato
New customer deals on virgin look a lot better. With sky you have to pay £23 a month extra for BT sports which hurts the price a lot. Also an extra £15 a month for the extra mini box for multiroom? Then they charge for HD and 4K stuff. Broadband is only about 50mb for me. Ends up being about £111 I think it was. You can get the same on Virgin for £69 and much faster BB but without multiroom which I think that adds £5-10 more.

Associate
Evening. Not sure if this thread is the right place, but moving back to virgin from sky. Got an extra box as part of the deal, but I want to put this in a room without a port. There is a port in my own bedroom, but want to try and run a cable into the back bedroom. I'm currently having the loft done, so have an opportunity to run cables and drop down into the room. My question is, how do I hook into the current cable as it obviously terminates into a wall port. Also, what cable would I need?

Soldato

So I rang VM. The reason for the large price hike I had just come out of contract with them, not their incompetence for a change :p I'm now paying £37.75 a month for Volt 500mb and and next bill will be £32.25 as they gave me £5.50 credit for some reason :) Not too bad really as I was previously paying £43 before the price hike. £5.25 cheaper as the price hike :)

Soldato
T
They did with me.

That was quick. Wife got called back today the day after she cancelled got offered the same price as what we were paying throughout the final 12 months of our previous 18 month new customer deal, which is £75 a month. £130 would have been what we rolled onto.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
T

That was quick. Wife got called back today the day after she cancelled got offered the same price as what we were paying throughout the final 12 months of our previous 18 month new customer deal, which is £75 a month. £130 would have been what we rolled onto.
Told you ;)

Back
Top Bottom