Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
No, the disconnection work order would be completed down prior to the install work order being completed - you will never have two active accounts, but will be billed your notice period on the first account regardless.
Thanks.

So my dad's connections ends on the 18th Aug. All services.

I went ahead with a new order in my mother's name however it didn't let me choose an install date. Just says equipment will be delivered sometime this week. Just modem and stream box.

I take it I just let things play out till the 18th and swap over the equipment or can I do that prior to the 18th?

Soldato
Thanks.

So my dad's connections ends on the 18th Aug. All services.

I went ahead with a new order in my mother's name however it didn't let me choose an install date. Just says equipment will be delivered sometime this week. Just modem and stream box.

I take it I just let things play out till the 18th and swap over the equipment or can I do that prior to the 18th?
So to answer my own question.

Virgin have automatically moved the new connection date to the day after old contract disconnects. Perfect.

However the cheeky so and so's are trying to charge £35 for the stream box when the original documents show £25.

Associate
So to answer my own question.

Virgin have automatically moved the new connection date to the day after old contract disconnects. Perfect.

However the cheeky so and so's are trying to charge £35 for the stream box when the original documents show £25.
That is correct if you cancel the new account starts the day after the old one expires. I have to go through this again soon though refreshingly when my 18month came to an end they offered me a 6 month extension at existing pricing so kept that. will be looking for a new deal 100 or 200 soon I guess.

Soldato
That is correct if you cancel the new account starts the day after the old one expires. I have to go through this again soon though refreshingly when my 18month came to an end they offered me a 6 month extension at existing pricing so kept that. will be looking for a new deal 100 or 200 soon I guess.
Yes. And you can book the new contract weeks in advance. They'll sort the start date.

Soldato
Did you upgrade at all, I have just upgraded to 1 gig mine goes live Wednesday

I was going to but they sent me an email about HUB 5 free upgrade(on Hub 3 currently) which arrives Friday however when I upgrade to that I wonder if they will know I'll have Hub 5 and will not send 4? guess
once activated they can see on their systems?

Let us know how your 1gb goes. :)

Associate
I was going to but they sent me an email about HUB 5 free upgrade(on Hub 3 currently) which arrives Friday however when I upgrade to that I wonder if they will know I'll have Hub 5 and will not send 4? guess
once activated they can see on their systems?

Let us know how your 1gb goes. :)
Yeah reading thought all of this virgin 1 gig doesnt get a good report! I hope mine is ok!
I need it stable thats all as i work from home all time so fingers crossed.

Soldato
Yeah reading thought all of this virgin 1 gig doesnt get a good report! I hope mine is ok!
I need it stable thats all as i work from home all time so fingers crossed.

Are you on VM already? if so what speed? to be fair it should be fine if you already on VM and it's stable but got to admit I am very happy with my 500mb might keep it longer as I had BT 70mb speed or so for ages.

Associate
Are you on VM already? if so what speed? to be fair it should be fine if you already on VM and it's stable but got to admit I am very happy with my 500mb might keep it longer as I had BT 70mb speed or so for ages.
Yes we are with them i have the old M650 package, that said they are sending me a new router for the 1 gig and that makes me nervous, the old hub is fine in the mode its in and has been sold for months and months, the issue i find with virgin as soon as they issue you with new kit thats when the problems start! i have Unifi access points in the house and garden, so it will just be a modem!

Soldato
Tried to get them to shift on the price at renew but they wouldn't. I can't play the game this time and I can get fibre so i'm having 500mb Vodafone installed tomorrow, if it works ok I will cancel Virgin.
Been with them for a long time and managed to get a decent renew each time but this time they wouldn't shift and with working from home we can't play the cancel game. A sad goodbye tbh, my connection has been rock solid for years but I don't need the tv or the phone anymore and it just doesn't represent good value now.

Associate
Good M100 + talk weekends deal is back via MSE £100 bill credit effective £17.40 this is slightly cheaper than same deal am currently on from 18 months ago. Expires 11 August. Time to do the retentions dance again :)

Last edited:
Associate
Drat appears am still under contract until 28/9 although my contract ended 5 months ago got a letter saying will retain pricing for next 6 months saw no mention of contract extension in the letter but guess it is implied.

VM indian call centre saying have to phone back 28/8 to give the 1 months cancelation is it worth phoning the retention staff direct now or does cancelation notice need to be in first.

Back
Top Bottom