Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Man of Honour
Forgot to mention in my previous post I'm sure the modem config for 350mbit package is a higher sync speed since changing to Hub5. It says 402500089bps and I'm sure it was ~380mbit before which gave an actual download speed of ~370mbit. I know they make it higher than advertised speed to get the average speed up in tests/advertising but 400mbit for 350mbit is quite high I thought :)

Would be interested to know what this is for anyone using Hub3 also on the 350mbit package. They may have just changed it a while ago and not noticed.

Soldato
Mines coming the 21st also, I wonder why they even bothered putting Telephone jacks on them?
Aren't they disabled anyway on the SH3?
So they can provision VOIP rather than pull additional copper - the whole network is going fibre, but short term that will be RFoG, either way moving people to IP is way cheaper and easier to manage (you don’t want to know what the maintenance on the 3 different switch standards in play across the original franchise areas was!).

Last edited:
Soldato
Our virgin on our estate was down for almost 3 days lol, having no internet over the weekend is horrendous especially for those that work from home as well!

Deadlines for fixing it just kept getting pushed to the next day again and again with engineers having no idea whats going on.

Soldato
My hub 5 arrived a few days ago, but only got round to installing today.
All working ok but the wifi card in the PC in the garage refuses to see the new hub.

I'm trying out the hub in router mode to see how/if they have improved over the years as my Asus router is best part of 10 years old now so guessing technoloy has improved in that time

Light on the front of mine is pulsing green also.

Man of Honour

New and existing customers on some of Virgin Media’s (VMO2) home broadband packages look set to see a small speed boost (both downloads and uploads) from 1st November 2022 at no extra charge. The full details have not yet been officially confirmed, but those on the operator’s M100 and M200 packages will see the main benefit.

The boost, which will be available to both new and existing customers on their current M100 (108Mbps down / 10Mbps up) and M200 (213Mbps down / 20Mbps up) plans, looks set to increase the advertised speeds of both packages by 25Mbps (M100 becomes M125) and 50Mbps (M200 becomes M250) respectively.

Last edited:
Soldato
I recently renegotiated my contract for the 1gig Volt package with 02 Sim for £89 p/m and i've just had £26 (or something like that) taken from my account by O2. Is my Virgin bill going to be £63 or did the retentions guy I spoke to fail to mention that the package isn't £89 p/m total but is in fact £89 + £26 p/m?

Back
Top Bottom