Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Need to be lucky and have both virgin and fibre available and flick between the 2, seems the best way to get a decent price :mad:
VM are the only company that provides a decent speed here. On a 250mb service and if I move else where I'm lucky to get 40mb on a good day.

If I had other options I would have jumped ship long ago lol

Soldato
VM are the only company that provides a decent speed here. On a 250mb service and if I move else where I'm lucky to get 40mb on a good day.

Ah that’s a bummer, have both available here so will be going BT after virgin runs out. The install this time was probably the worst quality of work I’ve ever seen.(outside property)

Associate
It's turned into a bit of a screw up, I've lost channels and have 5 contracts with different amounts and discounts.....spending too much time on the phone trying to resolve, might just cancel the lot, things shouldn't be this difficult, removal of my services, very quick, getting them back, not so much.

After sitting on the phone for approximately 5 hours over the past few days, I have given up and cancelled, gave them a fair shot to resolve it but seems on the past few calls even getting what I had under £100 was a challenge, I'll put up with the faff of separate services from others for that, at least I will have better internet (hopefully) not that I had any issues with Virgins service apart from the obvious customer service/billing randomness.

Last edited:
Soldato

So in reality it seems virgin are you doing you a favour by giving you fast Internet access. You're only loyal to them as you have no other choice.

Soldato
So in reality it seems virgin are you doing you a favour by giving you fast Internet access. You're only loyal to them as you have no other choice.
This is true but I have been with them since they where cable Tel, NTL and other names they have been through over the years.

Even in areas where I did have other options as I have moved 3/4 times over the years and each time I have stuck with VM. its only at my current address where I have no other option.

Do not get me wrong, their service is great and I hardly have any down time its just their tech support and having to do the cancellation for a better price rubbish that annoys me.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
The dance routine is so headache, keep an eye on top cash/quid co for VM offers also hot uk deals sometimes have offers. Cancel, re-sign up as a new customer that is what I did last time.

The trick though is not getting down time, I had a last minute VM engineer cancellation and they put the date back by a week so that was a nightmare no TV or Broadband, had to talk to family for a whole week.

Associate
I had retentions call me after the cancellation, told them to do one, I can spend no more time talking to those people, 5 hours was enough.

One benefit of them renewing my contract and have them screwing it up by mis selling to me is the new contract allows me to exit earlier without penalty.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you leave virgin, how long before you can get a new contract as a new customer?

Just sign up under another name like a partner/wife etc and then back to yourself after each contract if you want to go down that route.

I was told if I left it would be 60 days before I could rejoin under my name at same address.

Soldato
Now that i've bought a 2.5g network card, connections running way above the 1000/100 i was promised so i'm happy.

image.png

Was maxing out at 940/105 before with my old onboard network card.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have often thought about getting a dedicated card over the onboard, but I was never sure it would make much difference.

I never needed when on the 500mb line I used to have, probably don't need the extra speed now either but thought I would upgrade for the 200+ extra meg and to future proof when faster internet is available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom